Re: First gen Moto X -- update to lollipop -- install deferred
johnnyd1633

after receiving this update and the deferred status myself I spent a good amount of time with support on this and was transferred to Motorola itself and wasted probably another 40 minutes with them telling me in the end I would have to probably do a factory reset which I said was totally unacceptable because I have the phone set the way I like it right now no one seems to be able to give me a good answer as to what is going on with this little update bug..

0 Likes
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just with Motorola today

They said lollipop was released to carriers already

Not the carriers decide when users get the update

And apparently it will be a long time

0 Likes
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no big or anything

0 Likes
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your fix was intended to get lollipop. It didn't work for me. How did it work for you?

I did exactly what you did and it didn't work?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

robmalegia wrote:

If your fix was intended to get lollipop. It didn't work for me. How did it work for you?

I did exactly what you did and it didn't work?

There is no fix to get Lollipop on the Moto X 2013 model. For one thing, the update hasn't been released yet. For the maintenance update that WAS released recently, I mentioned how the update went on the deactivated device I have to give the readers of this thread another method to try if the normal method wasn't working.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes