For the second time in 4 days my phone has factory reset overnight while not in use. Now I can't even get into it as my active Gmail account is not recognized by the phone. Anyone know what to do?
TKGen

For the second time in 4 days my phone has factory reset overnight while not in use.  Now I can't even get into it as my active Gmail account is not recognized by the phone.  Anyone know what to do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: For the second time in 4 days my phone has factory reset overnight while not in use. Now I can't even get into it as my active Gmail account is not recognized by the phone. Anyone know what to do?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has the factory resets been done remotely? Do you have any idea how this is happening?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: For the second time in 4 days my phone has factory reset overnight while not in use. Now I can't even get into it as my active Gmail account is not recognized by the phone. Anyone know what to do?
Namthor

I've had this same problem since last March, except it has been intermittent, doing the reboot for days at a time then stopping.  Verizon sent a me a new phone.  Worked well for a time, now starting the same thing over and over again.  Tried deleting non-optimal third party apps.  Thought that might be the problem.  Nothing has worked.  I think the problem is the initial software built into the phone when purchased.  Given up hope with Verizon for a solution.  Thinking about changing to phone other than Motorola as well as carrier.  Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TKGen, I am sorry to learn that the phone has factory reset itself. This is very odd behavior. I can understand your concern with wanting to get this fixed. Are you able to sign into your Gmail account on a computer? Can you please make sure the software on the phone is up to date? You can check by going into Settings > System updates.  Also please let us know what version software you have on the phone. Settings > About Phone.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Namthor,

Continuing issues are definitely not a way to brigthen anyone's day. We wouldn't want to see you go over a phone, when we have so much to offer. We would love to keep working with you to get this resolved. You mentioned you deleted non-optimal 3rd party apps, but have you tried your phone with no apps? This would really be the test to see if there is something truly wrong with the base software. There would be no way to verify this while there are 3rd party apps on the device.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Namthor

Since the problem is so random and intermittent in time and phone is so

intimate and needed in my business and daily problem solving etc., do not

have time to continue solving this problem any longer. If I might suggest

a solution for me - Keeping Verizon as my carrier, purchase the Samsung

Galaxy 6 w/ 64 GB from Verizon, (I've had Samsung before and for many

years), have Verizon give me credit for turning in my present problem phone

from Motorola, turning in my tablet as well, (the Elipse - do not need it

anymore); all to help reduce the cost of the new Samsung Galaxy 6 phone.

Let me know the numbers $.

Thanks. Looking forward to keeping Verizon as my carrier. Been your loyal

customer for over 30 years. Please help me out if possible.

Jerry

On Sep 12, 2015 10:34 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Re: For the second time in 4 days my phone has factory reset overnight while not in use.  Now I can't even get into it as my active Gmail account is not recognized by the phone.  Anyone know what to do?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The trade in value of the devices would be much less than if you sold them yourself. You can also look at purchasing a slightly used phone from a third party site like Swappa.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Namthor,

Your happiness with your device and services are truly important to us. You certainly  have the option to trade in devices via our trade in program http://spr.ly/6583BJwkS You will be able to view current available offers for a new device via your My Verizon account online.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes