Heads Up about returning Xoom
APRO

Purchased full price Xoom from a local Verizon Store. No contrat. When I inquired about the  return policy Sales Rep informed me there would be a 35.00 dollar restock fee. I decided to return the Xoom. Upon returning I was informed the restock fee is 70.00 dollars. Yes the fee was documented on the sales receipt. My fault and stupidity not reading the fine print and placing my faith in th sales rep misinformation. Am I sure that the sales rep did not say 70.00 dollars when purchasing the Xoom? YES. If I knew there was a70.00 dollar restock fee I would have NEVER purchased the equipment. A 35.00 dollar restock sounded reasonable to try a new device, not 70.dollars.

Lesson learned. Always read the fine print. Never believe the sales rep.... they just want to make a sale.

0 Likes
Re: Heads Up about returning Xoom
rcschnoor
Legend

APRO wrote:

Purchased full price Xoom from a local Verizon Store. No contrat. When I inquired about the  return policy Sales Rep informed me there would be a 35.00 dollar restock fee. I decided to return the Xoom. Upon returning I was informed the restock fee is 70.00 dollars. Yes the fee was documented on the sales receipt. My fault and stupidity not reading the fine print and placing my faith in th sales rep misinformation. Am I sure that the sales rep did not say 70.00 dollars when purchasing the Xoom? YES. If I knew there was a70.00 dollar restock fee I would have NEVER purchased the equipment. A 35.00 dollar restock sounded reasonable to try a new device, not 70.dollars.

Lesson learned. Always read the fine print. Never believe the sales rep.... they just want to make a sale.

Yes, the $70 restocking fee has been on tablets ever since they were introduced on Verizon back in November.

0 Likes
kcrudup

Costco FTW!

0 Likes
Not applicable
The sales rep was clearly mistaken. I do all my dealings directly with Verizon via this site. Seems to work better.
0 Likes
unremarked

A return(espeically a deactivation) of any kind is not in the sales rep's best interest, so I doubt he intentionally misled you "just to make a sale."  Like someone else pointed out, the restocking fee is and has been $70 for any tablet and/or netbook since introduction.

0 Likes