Helpful
Xoom1

So when I got my Xoom, it was working great, then for some reason the screen went blank. I tried to power it back on no go.  I was very disappointed, after all I ended up paying in total about $1300.00 for my Xoom.  $400.00 was a a deposit and some accessory.  Anyways, I called tech support, they could not help me.  Told me to go to the Verizon store I got it from, to get it replaced, so I did, well in the end we found a way to get it to power up again.  Hold the up volume key and power button down same time, and boom came right back on with no problems, in case any one else has that problem here is a solution to it.

0 Likes
Re: Helpful
leecason

Xoom1,

Did your Xoom not come with the little "Master Your Device" booklet in the box?  Under troubleshooting on page 21 would have saved you a trip back to the VZW store:

"FORCED REBOOT

In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, try a forced reboot. Press and hold both Power/Lock and the up-volume key for three seconds.

This is a good thing to know because some of the apps that you may download and try out from the Market will hang your Xoom and you'll need to do a forced reboot to recover."

Anyway, at least you got back up and running, and I'm sure you'll remember this trick from here on out. :smileywink:

Lee

0 Likes
Re: Helpful
Not applicable
The Xoom is $600 or $800 with or without a contract. What accessories did you buy to bring it up to $1300?
0 Likes