Hey Verizon, Bring it!
TheProtagonist

Just got off the phone with your support people. They told me after 17 phone calls since July (yes I really did count) that you will not be making your September deadline for the 4G Upgrade (4th deadline you missed). Care to read the email you sent me saying you would, I have 3 copies from 3 different months? Better idea instead of spending the time to rip my post down out of the forums. How about you do something about it. Couple of choices. Other than the obvious which is provide the upgrade. You could always be honest and at least post something public about it and accept that you made a mistake and that you have hurt consumer confidence. You could come up and say you will fix the problem by an exact date or money back. Last option is to take back your unfinished product back to Motorola so that they can use the parts for the new Xoom 2 you would be providing near free of charge.

So I leave it up to you. Don't try and silent my rant, You messed this up not me. BRING IT and let's settle this issue once and for all. We're waiting....
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hey Verizon, Bring it!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And the Verizon press release in this link.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/09/pr2011-09-28.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It was my understanding that, in order to get the LTE upgrade, Xooms would have to be sent back to Motorola to have the proper LTE radio HARDWARE installed.  If this is the case, you may want to contact Motorola directly, cause nobody on here is going to be able to help you with this (personally, I'm all out of LTE radios).  This is a peer to peer forum and even the handful of VZW employees who actually come on here are just going to redirect you to CS for something like this.  Sorry.

0 Likes
bellonkg

This debacle is a prime reason why I will be switching to Sprint.

The main excuse I hear from Verizon is that it is Motorola's fault. That is unacceptable since the Xoom's upgradabilty was touted by Verizon heavily. And  it was the main selling point pitched by the Verizon salesperson that lead me to make the purchase.

Now almost 8 months, and several unkept promises later and there is still no actual information from any of these companies.

Reguardless of whether or not this is intentional, this will leave a very sour taste in the mouth of first adopters that overpaid for a product due to a promise that had not been fulfilled. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bellonkg wrote:

The main excuse I hear from Verizon is that it is Motorola's fault. That is unacceptable since the Xoom's upgradabilty was touted by Verizon heavily. And  it was the main selling point pitched by the Verizon salesperson that lead me to make the purchase.

This doesn't mean that it isn't Motorola's fault. Do you think that Verizon would have been making this pitch if Motorola hadn't given them assurances that the upgrade would be available when told. Do you think that Verizon just picked a date out of the air, or more likely, they were told by Motorola when the update would be available?

I don't know how anyone could think that the latter was not the case.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcschnoor:

You are absolutely correct. However this doesn't mean that VZW can or should act like a 5 year old who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and hide. They need to grow a set and do business like the big business they are. Things happen, schedules slip but you need to let your customers know what is going on. there is nothing more infuriating that the silence that has come from both VZW and MOT. This has been mismanaged from the start. If they had said the projected date was so and so and then when they figured out it wasn't going to work update us to something else with some explanation of what was going on it would have been much more palatable. Their silence means to me that they have something totally screwed up and may not ever fix it. But in that case we are due some sort of compensation. Nothing is free in life and i guarantee that they rolled the costs of the upgrade into the price some how. Bottom lines are carefully calculated and while they can offer the upgrade to us for "free" it really means that we wouldn't have to give them more money than we already did. thats all it means. we paid for the 4g upgrade, especially the early adopters and we should either get it or a rebate.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I agree that if a 4G upgrade is never offered, that some sort of a rebate or credit towards a newer device should be offered.

With that said, Verizon, being the middle man, obviously cannot win here. If they give a date and Motorola is not able to follow through with promises it has made to Verizon, then people call Verizon a liar and deceitful since it gave out an incorrect date. This is already happening.

If Verizon says that it is Motorola's fault and a date can't be given, Verizon is called a liar and deceitful because it is passing the blame off on a 3rd party. This is already happening. In reality, though, Verizon IS the 3rd party. Motorola is the manufacturer and Verizon is the 3rd party which is just distributing the products.

Bottom line is that Verizon DOES NOT manufacture these devices. If Verizon gives out a date, the date is decided on by information provided to Verizon by Motorola. They obviously cannot give out a date if this information is not passed on to them by Motorola, which manufactures the devices and upgrades to the devices. Finally, if Motorola does not or will not give this information to Verizon, how can Verizon possibly relay the information to its customers?

0 Likes
JMC2543

The upgrade is NOW OFFICIAL from the Horse's mouth (Moto). Here is the press release that was put out today. We will be getting the upgrade starting tommorow.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Press-Releases/Motorola-XOOM-4G-LTE-Upgrade-Available-Tomorrow-3810....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And the Verizon press release in this link.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/09/pr2011-09-28.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1
0 Likes
xm42

I guess that if you bought a new KIA automobile, and had a problem with it, you would call the factory in Korea?

For the record, my 4g upgrade box is supposed to be in the mail. Should be delivered tomorrow.

0 Likes