Hope soneone from Verizon READS these posts
leftsnow

I purchased a Xoom yesterday. The manual that came in the box just instructs in how to turn on. I called Verizon today with what I thought were a couple of simple questions. After 15 minutes on hold I was told that by the agent that he had no idea what I was asking and he would have to transfer to the 2nl level. After 30 minutes on hold that agent said that I was the first person that had called with a question and after conferring with what he said was his supervisor, there was no way that they could answer my questions and there is no manual available.

Basically I was sold a item that is not supported by Verizon.

My suggestion is anyone that is interested in buying one of these neat tablets WAIT untill Verizon tech support people are trained and a manual is available.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD SELL A PRODUCT THAT THEY CAN NOT SUPPORT.

0 Likes
Re: Hope soneone from Verizon READS these posts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you looked on the Verizon's support page for the device and see if there was a manual online? You can also check Motorola's website for it. Most phones and other devices have the manuals online. You can also call Motorola and ask them to mail you a copy of the manual.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kazetsukai
Enthusiast - Level 3

How about this: List those questions here.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Like all android devices, you have to "google" how to use the operating system. I think you can get a user manual directly from motorola. Same thing with any other android device on any carrier not just verizon.
0 Likes
daddyd351

Op, you realize most Verizon people don't know much about the Xoom? It's not like they were given a ton of them early on to test and get comfortable with it. If you have a Droid, you should be able to master it with ease. It works pretty much the same way as a Droid or Droid X.

If you are that confused and need help then go here and ask questions, hundreds of people who knows their android can help you.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-xoom/

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

leftsnow wrote:

I purchased a Xoom yesterday. The manual that came in the box just instructs in how to turn on. I called Verizon today with what I thought were a couple of simple questions. After 15 minutes on hold I was told that by the agent that he had no idea what I was asking and he would have to transfer to the 2nl level. After 30 minutes on hold that agent said that I was the first person that had called with a question and after conferring with what he said was his supervisor, there was no way that they could answer my questions and there is no manual available.

Basically I was sold a item that is not supported by Verizon.

My suggestion is anyone that is interested in buying one of these neat tablets WAIT untill Verizon tech support people are trained and a manual is available.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD SELL A PRODUCT THAT THEY CAN NOT SUPPORT.

Took me all of 5 seconds to find this on the Verizon site. I'm sure that it is available on the Motorola site, too.

Manual...

0 Likes
Re: Hope someone from Verizon READS these posts
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you everyone for your help with the links for the Xoom. Manufacturers no longer produce hard copies; instead you can download and saved it to your computer from the support page on vzw.com. Another great resource is www.motorola.com/moxie
The community is here to support you. Please feel free to post any questions or issues you may have not been answered. 

Thank you everyone for your help with the links for the Xoom. Manufacturers no longer produce hard copies of user manuals; you can download, print or save them to your computer from the support page on vzw.com. Another great resource is www.motorola.com/myxoom

The community is here to support you. Please feel free to post any questions you may have.

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can order a printed hard copy of the Comprehensive User Guide for free by calling 1-800-734-5870.  Found on page 2 of the Master Your Device manual that came with the Xoom.  This is the same policy as with the Droid X.  Many years ago when I got my first computer someone told me to RTFM and I have always followed that advice and ordered the manual.

0 Likes
leecason

There is a "Help Center" Android app available from Motorola's website that has a collection of 11 videos that cover the basic operations of the Xoom tablet that I found helpful.  I think I found it by Googling for "Xoom tutorial" from the Xoom browser. Ironically, I had to change the security settings in order to install the "Help Center" app because the Xoom is set by default to only allow you to install apps from the Android Apps store. I could not find the "Help Center" app available at the Android Apps store, so it would be useful if Motorola or Verizon could get it posted there.

I was actually surprised that there was no documentation installed on the Xoom out of the box, which I belive is an oversight on Verizon's part. They included a good users manual on the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

0 Likes
pinkyheartz

Yes, i had the same experience.  The support person i spoke with didn't even have a Xoom to walk through the screens with me.  I eventually figured out how to do it myself but not without a bit of stress!! 

My comment is it sure would be handy to be able to text from this tablet rather than having to go find my phone.....

0 Likes