How bad will my Moto X be screwed up by Lollipop 5.1
M5235

I have not seen many posts from people who have actually installed 5.1.  I fear any OS "upgrade" in the early days.  I am going to be travelling and don't want a dead phone.

0 Likes
Re: How bad will my Moto X be screwed up by Lollipop 5.1
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to wait until after you complete your travel, that is a perfectly good reason to wait for the OTA and installation of the update.

Weirdly enough I have got the notification for two different devices on two different trips that an update was ready for the device. Both times I waited until I returned home and on my wifi router to download and install those updates.

If you are referring to the Moto X 2013 model, I know of at least two people with Lollipop 5.1 installed. One of those is my device, but I can't give you any more information other than it installed fine on a inactive phone connected only to wifi. The other person hasn't mentioned any issues, but I don't know if they too are using it as their daily driver.

I guess I can mention one other thing. The multiple user support didn't come with the Lollipop update on the Moto X 2013 much like it didn't on the DROID Turbo.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MichiganMomx2

Don't do it!  It has been a nightmare for me and I'm now considering a hard factory reset.  Wait a month or so and maybe the bugs will be worked out.

0 Likes
Patty1900

I would absolutely avoid it!  I did the upgrade last month and my Moto-X 2013 was pretty much toast after that!  I couldn't hold wi-fi in locations where it previously connected. I could text, but never knew if it would arrive or when. Some of my texts took 3 hours to send. I couldn't update any apps or add any new apps. It was horrible!  Now a month later, my boyfriend and another friend who both have the same phone are going through the same exact things!  I ended up switching to a Samsung Galaxy S6. He is trying a factory reset. I think this whole thing sucks!  Class-action lawsuit, anyone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mine isn't having any issues. I have also heard more complaints about the S6 after less than four months use than I had experienced or heard about the Moto X 2013 since its launch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes