How do I connect my Moto X to my TV?
SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I have established a connection between my Moto X 2nd gen and my Wifi Direct capable TV.  How do I begin to send the information on my Moto X display to the TV? - Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi Direct - Moto X to TV
Tidbits
Legend

Generally Wi-Fi direct generally for sending and receiving at higher speeds that Bluetooth and such.

Since your TV supports Wi-Fi it should support DLNA and probably Miracast. Check your TV instruction.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Exactly what are you trying to do? Watch videos?

If you are you need to to connect using Miracast or DLNA and not through Wi-Fi direct.

0 Likes
SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, videos and  pictures.  In general, I wanted to have my smartphone screen appear on the tv.  What would the WiFi Direct then be used for? - Thanks!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Generally Wi-Fi direct generally for sending and receiving at higher speeds that Bluetooth and such.

Since your TV supports Wi-Fi it should support DLNA and probably Miracast. Check your TV instruction.

0 Likes
SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you...yes.  My tv supports Miracast.  Can you please recommend a good app for this?  Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Should be able to go through settings and connect it. Android Natively supports it since 5.0 I believe.

0 Likes
SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes