Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I connect my Moto X to my TV?
SubVet644

I believe I have established a connection between my Moto X 2nd gen and my Wifi Direct capable TV.  How do I begin to send the information on my Moto X display to the TV? - Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: wifi Direct - Moto X to TV
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Generally Wi-Fi direct generally for sending and receiving at higher speeds that Bluetooth and such.

Since your TV supports Wi-Fi it should support DLNA and probably Miracast. Check your TV instruction.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Exactly what are you trying to do? Watch videos?

If you are you need to to connect using Miracast or DLNA and not through Wi-Fi direct.

0 Likes
SubVet644

Yes, videos and  pictures.  In general, I wanted to have my smartphone screen appear on the tv.  What would the WiFi Direct then be used for? - Thanks!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Generally Wi-Fi direct generally for sending and receiving at higher speeds that Bluetooth and such.

Since your TV supports Wi-Fi it should support DLNA and probably Miracast. Check your TV instruction.

0 Likes
SubVet644

Thank you...yes.  My tv supports Miracast.  Can you please recommend a good app for this?  Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Should be able to go through settings and connect it. Android Natively supports it since 5.0 I believe.

0 Likes
SubVet644

Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes