I am saddled with this phone until October.
Here are its various problems:
1) the phone often makes it very difficult to answer incoming phone calls. I have to slide a lock to the right to answer the phone and sometimes it just won't move.
2) numerous applications freeze up. Most frequently the homescreen itself freezes. (I get a dialog box asking me if I wish to close it.) But also the Gmail app often gets this problem. As well as the Twitter app.
3) the Google Now app works so slowly to make it useless. I think I should call it Google Eventually
4) the MLB At Bat app worked fine last year, but this year will not stream any video (which I can understand), but also no audio
5) the Google Maps app will close down and reboot the phone when being used as a GPS.
6) the phone frequently makes my Text Messaging screen my homescreen
7) the phone app is very slow to open and often unresponsive.
I believe a lot of these problems started when I added the Google Device Policy because my workplace required it if I wanted to use my phone to access my work email account. I decided to get rid of the Device Policy, which I didn't mind as I didn't really need to use it for work.
The phone also goes through long periods each day, even in an area with excellent reception, where it doesn't sync email.
The only solution that Verizon tech support has given is to do a factory reset of the phone.
Solved! Go to Correct Answer