How do I get Backup Assistant off my phone?
New-MotoX-User

I just moved my contacts from an iPhone to a new MotoX phone. I used backup assistant to move my contacts off my iPhone to my MotoX. Now that they are on my MotoX, I want to keep them synced with my e-mail/contact account, and NOT backup assistant. However, there appears to be no way to remove backupassistant, or even stop it from syncing to my motoX phone.

Now, it appears that if I delete or change a contact on my outlook, it does not get updated on my phone because that contact came from backup assistant. This is not how I wanted to manage my contacts.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: How do I get Backup Assistant off my phone?
curley1441

I have all my contacts synced with my G-mail account and the changes are instantaneous

0 Likes
bheller

Sympathies, but I don't think that you can. The problem, of course, it that Android is Google's baby, and Google needs to have its fingers in absolutely everything. What you can do, is have your Outlook contacts sync with Google. There are instructions Here: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20107943-285/sync-gmail-and-outlook-contacts-automatically/. Good luck.

0 Likes
curley1441

Backup assistant  is a Verizon app ,so it's Verizon not Google that has to have it's hands in every everything just like Apple.

0 Likes