How do I get driving mode to work?
doggies
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unable to make driving mode work.  The icon shows that my Moto X recognizes that I am in driving mode, but it will not speak the name of a caller or read a text aloud like it says it will when I am driving.  I have the "Talk to me" box checked in the Assist app.  Any suggestions on how to make the driving mode work?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Driving mode
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, doggies,

I think the problem may be in the app that controls it, Motorola Assist. It seems since the last update of the app a couple of weeks ago, the app isn't working as it should.

I went into Play Store and looked at My Apps: All and found Motorola Assist and uninstalled it. I then went into the screen where all my installed apps are located and clicked on Assist. I set things back up without updating the Assist app from the Play Store. It is late right now and will try everything again in the morning. I will report what I find.

Doc

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the Driving Mode feature on your phone doggies! Let's see what's going on. Are you able to answer calls & texts while in Driving Mode? Please try turning on TalkBack. You can do so by going to Apps> Settings> Accessibility> TalkBack, then turn on. TalkBack will read your screen out loud.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have the phone on "vibrate" or "silent" mode???

0 Likes
doggies
Enthusiast - Level 2

TalkBack makes everything I do on the phone "talk" to me!  I just want it to happen when I drive.

I am able to talk or text while in driving mode.

0 Likes
doggies
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it's not on vibrate or silent

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, doggies,

I have been trying to figure this one out for a couple of weeks, too. No success yet. I, too, have all settings checked for driving mode and phone ringer is on. I'm going to try and figure this out and will let you know what the problem is.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, doggies,

I think the problem may be in the app that controls it, Motorola Assist. It seems since the last update of the app a couple of weeks ago, the app isn't working as it should.

I went into Play Store and looked at My Apps: All and found Motorola Assist and uninstalled it. I then went into the screen where all my installed apps are located and clicked on Assist. I set things back up without updating the Assist app from the Play Store. It is late right now and will try everything again in the morning. I will report what I find.

Doc

doggies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Doc.  I will be interested in your findings.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

It works! Use the steps I listed above and your calls can be answered or ignored and texts will be read as they should be while in driving mode. Hope this helps.

Doc

doggies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doc,

Thanks, I did the steps you outlined and will try it out and let you know if it works for me.

Doggies 

0 Likes