How do I get my Moto X to sync with facebook?
PrudeeLou

I've gone to settings... scrolled down to accounts... tapped on facebook... tapped on sync now... and it does nothing.  Help!!

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my Moto X to sync with facebook?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PrudeeLou,

Sorry to hear the Facebook app is not syncing. Let's get that working for you. You can check the sync settings by going to Settings> Accounts> Facebook and touch the username. If Sync is enabled confirm you have a data connection by going to Chrome and loading a new webpage. If both sync settings are correct and you have confirmed you have a data connection, try resetting the app: http://vz.to/TKL8qV . Retest and let us know how it's working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PrudeeLou

Hi Brian,

Sadly to say, your instructions above and link did not work either.  I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling facebook.  My question to you, does facebook app sync contacts from facebook or only link to contacts in phone?

Prue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PrudeeLou Thanks for trying those steps. The facebook contacts usually can sync with your contact list in the phone. We are noticing others have had this issue since the update. Are your contacts able to sync with other apps such as gmail?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
PrudeeLou

Sheritah,

I didn't get a gmail account until I bought the phone.  So, I have zero contacts in gmail.

0 Likes
PrudeeLou

I've added my yahoo account and phone will not link to those contacts either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying PrudeeLou. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with syncing your Facebook contacts over to your Moto X. I reviewed Motorola's web site, and it appears that the phone is not able to transfer and integrate the contacts from Facebook to your universal phone book. http://bit.ly/TL3Nmo

It appears that you will have to use the application for Facebook, in order to view contacts from your friends list.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PrudeeLou

Thank you so much!!!  I went with ubersync... YAY!!!!

I appreciate you all for your tenacity in assisting me with this syncing issue.

Have an awesome day and don't work too hard!!

Prue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's awesome, PrudeeLou! Happy to hear you were able to find a solution to this, even though it appears that it needed to be done with an App from the Play Store. As long as it works, that's the important part! Thank you for sharing this tip for everyone to see.

If you ever need us, we are here to help out. Thank you, and may you have a safe & and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes