Yesterday, my Motorola Android Razr M failed to pick up my SD Card after I downloaded an update from Google play. Does anyone know what to do to get it to work again and show up in storage or what could be the problem? Thanks for any input.
Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, when I go to Unmount the SD card, it is greyed out as if it is non-existent. I would love to have that option, but it no longer picks up the existence of the SD card at all. Any thoughts? It worked fine 2 days ago. Thanks for your help.
You might need to reformat the SD card. Below are steps you'd take.
- Safely remove the SD card from the phone and insert it into a card reader on your computer.
- Copy the contents of the SD card to a folder on your computer. It is also a great opportunity to backup the SD card.
- Eject the SD card from the card reader and remount the SD card in the phone.
- From the phone, reformat the SD card. (If you need steps on that process, let me know )
- Use a USB cable, and connect the phone to the computer and began to copy the contents from the folder you created earlier to the Phone's external storage (SD card).
- When the files are finished copying, disconnect the phone from the computer.
You should be good to go from there
Husband and I both have Motorola xt907 and all data on SD card was deleted when the operating system was updated to gingerbread. Now, we have tried to copy data or images to the SD card and it is unreliable. Sometimes it works and then sometimes it says that it is unavailable or there is a problem with the card.
Can we just go back to the previous operating system? (Which i liked better, anyway.)
Also, we have tried every conceivable option for inserting...reinserting...phone off and on...took to Verizon store and they tried, too...no luck.