Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I reply to sender in a group message?
MrsSully7

Does anyone know how to make it so you reply to sender only in a group text?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Reply to sender in group message
MrsSully7

So I asked one of my friends who also has a moto x and this is how she does hers:

-Go to sms & mms settings

-Make sure Group Messaging is not marked.

-You will still receive group messages, but it will come through in the senders thread, so when you reply it will be to them only.

-When you first get the text, I believe it will say MMS, but after that the only way you will know it was a group message is if you look at the details of the conversation bubble.

Not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it works. At least now everyone else won't be getting my replies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

I tried to do the same thing. I found I just had to start a new text message to the person I wanted to text. If another person knows, let us know.

Thanks,

Doc

0 Likes
MrsSully7

So I asked one of my friends who also has a moto x and this is how she does hers:

-Go to sms & mms settings

-Make sure Group Messaging is not marked.

-You will still receive group messages, but it will come through in the senders thread, so when you reply it will be to them only.

-When you first get the text, I believe it will say MMS, but after that the only way you will know it was a group message is if you look at the details of the conversation bubble.

Not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it works. At least now everyone else won't be getting my replies.

0 Likes