How do I unlock my phone
treelee2005

I need to locate my unlock code and unlock my Droid Razr Maxx

Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
B33
Legend

How did you set it Pattern Code or Something Else ? if you did it by Pattern if you'd a Extra Camera Handy you could of snapped a picture of it an Retained the Code! Just a Thought... Hope you get it Working Again b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Basically if you set a password on the device there isnt any way for someone to give you the password or tell you where to find it because that is a security option and if it could be bypassed or recovered that easy it wouldnt be a security feature...  

The only way other than a hard reset is to try unlock about 4 times I think and then it will ask for email address and password for your gmail account and with this information you can unlock the device...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

didn't you have to have setup gmail password recovery to actually use it?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There isnt any special features that need to be setup, as long as you set up your Gmail account.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@ Bear  @Wildman  thanks for the info b33 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

looks like you do.

Recovery email address

You don't have to provide a recovery email address, but we strongly encourage you to. Once you've started using Google as a signed-in user, we'll use your recovery email address to communicate with you under the following circumstances:

• We need to confirm your username after you create an address
  • You can't sign in to Google
  • You've forgotten your password
  • You're about to run out of storage space
  • We need to alert you to any unusual activity involving your address

If you use Gmail, you may have added a recovery email address to your account when you first signed up. If you don't use Gmail, your password recovery address is the email address you used to sign up for your account (for example: myusername@yahoo.com)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You are correct, I did not think that you meant that when you said recovery email address because I set that up automatically so long ago I never thought about it anymore.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thank you. i set it up after setting up gmail account, never had gmail before getting the phone, so i was new to what gmail could do..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Bear Did you get a New Maxx  Just wondering   b33

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not eligible 'til aug 28th & not sure if i will.

i don't really need 4g & haven't really had the need for both cameras & to top it off, the swiss watch is running perfectly.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O Tay  An i had forgotten the date you was able to upgrade Mind is slipping me Bear Arg.!  

0 Likes