How to Remove Wallpaper
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2
Installed wallpaper to try it out. Now I'm stuck. Don't see any way to remove wallpaper. Any help will be appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to Remove Wallpaper
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The default wallpaper on the XOOM is the Honeycomb wallpaper.  Long-press on the home screen, select Wallpaper, then Wallpaper again.  The one in the upper right-hand corner is the Honeycomb Wallpaper that I am referring to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Installed you mean that you downloaded an app that was new wall paper?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Select Wallper Name / Uninstall

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

To Clarify, I did not "Install" a Wallpaper.  I chose one and now I can choose different walpapers, but I can not choose "No" Wallppaper.

Android 3.2 Upper Right Tap +, Tap Wall Papers and then there are different wallpapers to choose from but once one is chose there doesn't appear to be an easy way to go back to "No Wallpaper"

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is because there is no such thing as no wallpaper, the background is a image and you have to select a image for background, if you want a black wallpaper just make a black wallpaper and set it as wallpaper...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jmccoy70 wrote:

To Clarify, I did not "Install" a Wallpaper.  I chose one and now I can choose different walpapers, but I can not choose "No" Wallppaper.

Android 3.2 Upper Right Tap +, Tap Wall Papers and then there are different wallpapers to choose from but once one is chose there doesn't appear to be an easy way to go back to "No Wallpaper"

What you mean, then, is you chose a different wallpaper. All phones come with a default walpaper already selected on your phone. If you look through the available walpapers, you should be able to find the wallpaper which was already selected before you made a different choice.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

yes, that is what happened. I chose a background or wallpaper that was different than the default.  Turns out, I like the default best. Therein lies the problem. "Default" is not one of the option available to me.

l have nine wallpapers, three "Live Wallpapers" and the gallery.  No default there.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Maybe if we knew what phone you had, someone would be able to know how to get it back to the default. On my DX, when you go to select from among the available wallpapers, there is a button "Set wallpaper" and a button "Reset to default". If you choose "Reset to default", it reverts back to the default wallpaper, which is also not an available selection from among the wallpapers listed.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Yea, I looked on my DX and the Restore button exists there.  Problem is, this is a Xoom. No button there. 

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The default wallpaper on the XOOM is the Honeycomb wallpaper.  Long-press on the home screen, select Wallpaper, then Wallpaper again.  The one in the upper right-hand corner is the Honeycomb Wallpaper that I am referring to.

0 Likes