How to disable update to KitKat 4.4.2 until battery life / WiFi / Bluetooth problems resolved?
Dr_D25

Any way to remove the update prompts  / reminders until a more stable / less problem-filled update is released?

I don't want to update to KitKat 4.4.2 until these battery life / WiFi / Bluetooth problems are fixed.

I also like my blue status indicators up top.... I'm not seeing many positives to this update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to disable update to KitKat 4.4.2 until battery life / WiFi / Bluetooth problems resolved?
BroadReach

I froze Updater 4.1.2 and no longer receive OTA updates

0 Likes
Re: How to disable update to KitKat 4.4.2 until battery life / WiFi / Bluetooth problems resolved?
miken91945
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having the same problem with my Galaxy s3 after the update, Don't they test this stuff first? Thank goodness I have the extended battery. My concern is that it has even more spy ware capability which is enough to make me want to go back to the previous version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you enjoying your update, miken91945. There's no way to reverse an update, but we can certainly help to make your experience better. And there's lots of testing done by us, the manufacturers, and Google before an update comes out. But with hundreds of housands of 3rd party apps available for the phone, it's hard to test all the combinations that can have different effects with the update. Can you give me a little more detail about what exactly is happening with your device? Any error messages?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mrag22

I also have the same question. I don't want to update to 4.4 due to all the issues and my phone is constantly prompting me.. There must be a way to turn it off. Please help the user who asked the original question, customer support...

0 Likes
darin_1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

what if the phone is fine without the update? how can we disable the update? there is NO reason why i should be forced to update. I own the phone not you.

0 Likes
jorgeo_vzw
Verizon Employee

darin.1701

Glad to hear your phone is currently working. We want to make sure you continue to have a working phone. There's no way to disable the update on your phone and will continue to receive the prompt for the Software update. These updates are released to fix any bugs that might happen with technology evolving. Doing the update you will help your phone tremendously. What concerns do you have if you do the software update? 

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
darin_1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simple, 1st, whY fix what is not broke?

2nd, last time you pushed an update against my permission, the htc thunderbolt because so slow it was useless.

3rd, it is my phone, not yours

4th Microsoft and Apple do not force upgrades on the owners so why do you?

With those reasons, whY would I want an update that is not needed?

Again, I own the phone, not you, so what gives you the right to force something on us that we don't want or need.

0 Likes