How to keep Double Data - buying from Amazonwireless
EcoUtah

Looking to upgrade to MotoX (from RAZR). Currently am on 4GB data plan (for the price of 2 GB - it was from a double data promotion from 2 years ago). Amazonwireless has amazing price for device - but when it comes to the plan selection page - it doesn't give me the 'keep your current plan' plan option. I spoke to an Amazonwireless agent and she said I could select any plan listed there to complete the order and then after phone arrives, during activation, I should call VZW to roll it back to current (double data) plan. I am nervous since I really don't want to lose my 4GB plan. What if VZW doesn't do the roll back? Any experiences with this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How to keep Double Data - buying from Amazonwireless
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You won't be able to keep a grandfathered data plan if you upgrade your phone at a discounted price.

You will need to select a current plan or else purchase the phone at full retail price.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The double-the-data promotion carries through with subsidized phones as long as the upgrade is a 4G phone.  Since this is a data plan no longer available, I'd be hesitant to upgrade anywhere other than through Verizon.

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Selecting the plan on the order is only slightly important, as nothing actually changes on the account until the phone is activated. What you want to do is order the phone however you need to on Amazon, then when you get the device, toss away any activation instructions in the box, and call VZW CS at 800-922-0204, and explain to the rep that you want to activate the device and keep your 4gb data plan. Since nothing gets removed, they should not need to specify that you keep it, but just in case you have a live person doing it for you that can correct anything the computer may try to do by itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EcoUtah, we're excited to hear to you're ready to upgrade to a new device. You may keep your 4GB 4G plan as long as you're upgrading to another 4G device. For your convenience, you can order your phone online at our website and choose the option to keep your current plan http://bit.ly/zpAY1E However, if you order a device online at a third party's website and you're unable to keep the 4GB plan; we can add it back to your account within 14 days of this transaction.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rufio

Verizon Support,

I'm actually in this same situation. I'm trying to purchase the moto x on Amazon.com. Since I was also worried about losing my 4GB data plan, I called into Verizon customer support to verify this and the gentleman that I spoke with said that I would lose my "twice the data" promo. Was he just mistaken? I would really like to upgrade and get the device and stay with Verizon and keep my plan. Since you say that I will be able to keep it, can I make the purchase and have you help me so I have no issues?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Rufio!

I certainly want you to get the best promotion available and have no concerns with your current plan. I will be delighted to help out once you receive the phone. I've followed you, simply hover over my icon and follow me back, then use the Direct Message option to send me your phone number, account verification (billing password or last 4 of your SSN IF no password is present) and your first and last name.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I've followed you, simply hover over my icon and follow me back

I'm assuming you want them to send the Follow request to melissam_vzw

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I've followed you, simply hover over my icon and follow me back

I'm assuming you want them to send the Follow request to melissam_vzw

It does appear Melissa is following the user through their individual username so one step of the following process is complete.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wsr1031

I am trying to upgrade now and want to make sure I keep my double data plan too. A customer service rep I chatted with online said I couldn't and quickly left the chat... very unprofessional. According to this discussion though as long as I keep a 4g phone I'm good. Please help, thanks

0 Likes