How to roll back to Android 4.2.2 from 4.4 KitKat - can Verizon release the previous OS image for rollback?
Youngsoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

It has been a while since I updated my MOTO-X to Android 4.4 KitKat.

Unfortunately, the new OS seems to have an issue with handling security certificates, which prevents me from using the phone to access my work e-mails. It does not look like it will resolved until Google releases an updated version of KitKat...

So, is it possible for me to download the previous Android 4.2.2 image and roll back the change for the MOTO-X?

Can I ask Verizon to provide the previous OS image? Anyone has done it? Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to roll back to Android 4.2.2 from 4.4 KitKat - can Verizon release the previous OS image for rollback?
B33
Legend

Nope.. Unfortunately that can't be done.. but sometimes running a cache Partition or running a Factory Reset can help a phone run smoother after the Update

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to roll back to Android 4.2.2 from 4.4 KitKat - can Verizon release the previous OS image for rollback?
B33
Legend

Nope.. Unfortunately that can't be done.. but sometimes running a cache Partition or running a Factory Reset can help a phone run smoother after the Update

0 Likes
gmcrestron

I've gotten so fed up with the Exchange issue, I'm ready to roll back too. Have you gotten anywhere with this?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This Question has been asked before on previous OS builds, but once the phone has been updated, the OS cannot be reversed .. The only thing you can do is wait it out for a Patch to repair it or try running a Factory Reset.!!!

0 Likes