I updated Touchless Control to the Latest update now my Moto X has a mind of it own
B33
Legend

Were I'm going with this I have not updated to the Latest Kit Kat update for my Moto X  I did however update touchless Control and ever since my Moto X has taken the roll of part Zombie touchless control come on when ever it wants to)  I set it up properly saying hey Google Now but with this new update it goes of when ever it wants to weather your talking to some one, Playing an app music or game app)

For now I uninstalled it back to Factory but hopefully Google sees this and fixes it,  If any one has a suggestion what to do or if what I done is the best that can be done for now I'll go with that..

Thanks b33

0 Likes
Re: I updated Touchless Control to the Latest update now my Moto X has a mind of it own
B33
Legend

I updated to K.K. 4.4.2 and Touch-less control still at times acts Like it wants to have it's mind of it's own as I explained before it's doing this while I'm streaming a Music app Like Slacker Radio or Winamp it breaks in as the music is playing like I'd be calling up a command from Google now it's even went as far as Saying the sound is to Loud.. this issue is being generated either by Moto's Touch-less control or the Streaming app.. I have the Touch-less control set up as instructed I'm saying ok Google Now as instructed so something is causing this to happen and not thrilled about it, 

Doc are seeing this issue.. I know you have a Moto X but I didn't know if you streamed music to a B.T. speaker.. I like the phone but I'd more happier with it with out the issue..   b

0 Likes
Re: I updated Touchless Control to the Latest update now my Moto X has a mind of it own
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I do not use a bluetooth speaker.  I did have some problems with the touchless controls at first, back in early January.  That was before they released the 4.4.2.  What was happening was I was not getting my notifications while I was driving, such as my Moto X announcing calls or reading texts while driving.  I found the solution was to uninstall the touchless control app from Google Play Store.  I found my apps there that were installed and I uninstalled the Motorola Touchless Control.  I then rebooted and went back and reinstalled and it worked correctly.  In retrospect, I probably could have just went into my settings and found the touchless controls app and cleared the cache and restarted.  Either way, I have not had any more problems with my Moto X.  Now, thats not to say that if I used a bluetooth speaker I might have similar problems.  I just haven't tried one yet. 

I really don't think it is an issue with KK 4.4.2, but a problem in the Motorola Touchless Control app.  Maybe try clearing the cache or just uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.  See what happens.

Doc

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok well like the new on here and trying to navigate stuff which has not been a Cake walk and has given me one who do  of headache, I'm trying Doc trying learn two new phones and one is about to go sailing across the Room I'm not taking my frustration out on here just tired & worn out & man try get things going in right Direction.. Wow

I'll give that what ya suggested a Try!  the employees that's on the forum can shoot a suggestion if they have one I'm full open for em  Thanks again & is possible ta send ya a Direct Message only for stuff related to phone Have a Good evening and Weekend..

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey

I'm on my Moto X right now. Let me get to my computer and log in to the community and I will follow you, then we can DM each other.

Doc

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thank ya Sir.. I know one thing it don't to long to charge my Moto X with the charger that Came with it in the Box that little Dude puts out some powerSmiley Happy the rating 5.0v ~ 1150mA  the little burger gets warn too I haven't tried charging both phones at the same time but I guess I could the charger that came with my Moto X "white" is the same charger that came with the Droid Maxx in black Color.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this may be an annoyance, B33! Let's ensure you're able to freely and reliably use your device. Have you ever tested the device in Safe Mode? Does the issue only occur when the device is in a third party app? ( such as the streaming or game apps that you mentioned ) I would also consider retraining your phone > Settings > Touchless Control > Train launch phrase

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

YosefT is this      symbol the phones receipt if so I have that.. I'm again assuming that is what your referring to I've been streaming for about 8 hours with Slacker Radio I'm using the Paid Version No adds and I'm currently using Wi-Fi instead of using the Network.. I stopped the music at 2:00pm to make a change I'm currently listening to Randy Travis D.U.Bones so far no issues if any more pops up I'll let ya know, for sure..

Thanks for the Reply.. b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us in the loop B33! We're here for you if you need us. Have a great weekend, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well so far so good)  matter a fact I wanted to sent it command to open up Google Play when it was playing slacker it stopped slacker went to search Brought up the Pontoon by Little big Town and started playing the song so that part of it is working as should MatthewS  I just hope the updating 4.4.2  and doing some other fixes fixed the issue if not I guess i could Factory Reset which I have the knowledge in doing that as I have with my previous Devices) Thanks again for post I keep ya guys in touch and as you told me Have a Good Weekend.. I'm gonna watch some Golf. Smiley Happy b

0 Likes