If the KitKat upgrade fried my phone is it my FAULT?
fp-Jive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have searched this community and I have noticed that MANY on here have seen the phone go into battery meltdown after the kitkat upgrade. My question is this: was that my fault and how do I avoid this int he future?

I took my now dead (but still insanely hot)  phone to the store and I got the standard answer of

"it's out of warranty and it broke so the cost is on you"

I get that if it was really old, or if I decided to crack the case open and modify it, or if I dropped it in the lake and then fished it out.

In this case I took the upgrade that VERIZON pushed to me and then it melted down.

In looking here I see I am not the only one who this has happened to so it is not an isolated incident

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: If the KitKat upgrade fried my phone is it my FAULT?
Not applicable

if this was actually happening this would be all in the news. I've upgraded 3 phones to kitkat and NONE have any issues.

0 Likes
fp-Jive
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you refer this very area (droid RAZR) there are several cases of this same issue. I also had the odd text issue, shorter battery life etc. The evidence of the issue is right here in this site. This upgrade just didn't work on this phone with severe consequences

StevenPortland
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue IS in the news.  Lots of people are complaining about battery life being next to zero after the upgrade.  I unplugged my phone this morning at 6:30 AM.  Used it for 5 minutes.  No calls.  No texts.  By 11:00 AM the battery was down to only 5%.

Google released a fix to a bug causing battery drain issues earlier, but the posting I read about that said that each carrier needs to figure it out themselves and release a fix.

0 Likes