Is it just me or did the Kitkat upgrade ruin my Razr M?
wdrkb

I can't even use my phone.  None of my apps work.  This is surely my sign to leave Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is it just me or did the Kitkat upgrade ruin my Razr M?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We apologize that the apps aren't working. We want to work on this so you can stay with us. What happens when you try to access the apps? Have you powered off/on or are there app updates avaiable for the new software update?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wdrkb

I have done everything. I've powered on and off. I've done a soft reset.

I've done a hard reset and downloaded all of my apps again. Nothing. I

can't even access my email on my phone.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
wdrkb

Thanks for nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still here for you and I appreciate you taking the steps to troubleshoot, wdrkb. Did you test the email function prior to installing your apps again? Are you getting a specific error message?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
desertsteel
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't work right, verizon knows our phones are trashed because of this update yet you all act like it's something new every time someone posts a problem. I have yet to see anyone own up to the issues and give us a solid fix..... My RazrM has been junk since last month with the so-called "update". Perfect way to make people retire their 2 yr. old phones so you can force them into new ones....

desertsteel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not much has changed with my since last post except my time being a customer has increased.....Which, btw I have been a customer for 14+ years...

I have cleaned the cache 5 times

I have done a factory reset twice (what a PIA!)

I rarely get 4G anymore (I used to), it's mostly 3G and even the 4G is S-L-O-W.

I was NEVER down to 1X in my home until after the update

If I don't use my phone at all it will last until I get home at 5 & then I have to plug it in. If I use it for more than 4-5 phone calls, I have to plug in an external battery when I'm working in the field..

I got rid of every App I downloaded with NO change is battery life.

The phone intermittently notifies me I have a text.

I get messages daily that some factory loaded app has stopped working, usually messaging.

I keep thinking a patch will be made available. I know, I know.......but I haven't been holding my breath.

I used to really like this phone. It is compact & does everything I need. I don't need nor want the latest and greatest.

I would have used this phone for 2 more years. As it is they are going to be recycled very soon, they are already scrap!

I have gone to two different VZ stores. 1st kid kept trying to sell me stuff and acted like he had never heard of ANY problems with Android phones after KitKrap. He also treated me like I was a stupid old guy that just doesn't understand tech... but he had never heard of a card reader. 2nd sales person at 2nd store at least admitted they all knew about the problems and told me I had to call "the number" and talk to VZ. because he was not allowed to help me.

I still have almost 3 months to go before my contract is up. I am researching phones (again) and going to the competition.

0 Likes
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're still with us, don't give up.  Two nights ago, Moto/Verizon pushed an update to my Razr M that fixed most (if not all) of the issues I was having following the update to Kit Kat.

0 Likes
vabelle35
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone updated this morning and the wifi/bluetooth issue is resolved and I can get a regular signal again everywhere.

Hopefully this sticks.

0 Likes