Is there any word as to when Verizon is going to make Advanced Calling available for the Moto X (2nd generation)?
fml1

I can't believe I upgraded from the original Moto X to the 2nd generation Moto X and the new one doesn't allow voice and data at the same time.  The original X did.  So you cannot make a call and maintain your gps operation at the same time. How do you upgrade a device and remove a feature like that?!  Apparently, Verizon will fix that with Advanced Calling, but it's not yet available for the new Moto X.  Any word as to when that's happening?

0 Likes
Re: Is there any word as to when Verizon is going to make Advanced Calling available for the Moto X (2nd generation)?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting. I actually had a situation a couple days ago that a Moto X 2014 received a call while running the Navigation and through the speakers I heard the caller and a cut-off message from the Navigation telling me to merge back onto the the Interstate. Sure it had switched to 1xRTT for the call but the Navigation hadn't lost my location and was continuing to operate in the background.

I don't have Advanced Calling activated on the line either. I'm not entirely sure if I would have activated it if it was available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes