Keypad blinks when used during call. Anyone know how to stop it?
Cascode

Like most phones, the screen goes dark and input is stopped when you hold the phone against your head when making a call. Take the phone away from your head, and it comes back on.

With the Moto X, all this works, but when I'm dealing with an automated system, such as Verizon billing or support, when I go to press a key, the keypad blanks out, and the number isn't sent. It's like the phone thinks my hand is a head. It makes it almost impossible to "press 1 for English", and it's the biggest flaw I've found in the phone, other than absence of MHL.

I note that our new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 doesn't have this problem, and you can turn off the display blanking feature in Display setup. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that helps with this problem on the Moto X?

0 Likes
Re: Keypad blinks when used during call. Anyone know how to stop it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cascode,

That is a very good question. When you are trying to press a number on the key pad while a phone call is going on is your hand going over the sensors on the top of the phone? If it is, that could trigger the phone screen to shut itself off. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes