Lollipop
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Verizon delaying our Lollipop update?

Are they adding there bloatware to work with lollipop?

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless isn't delaying it. Motorola is still working on it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

No they're not

My

Friend has a Moto X 2013 and he has lollipop 5.1

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Only the unlocked version and even then not in all regions. It is being worked on on multiple levels and multiple places. If it was done and carriers were in fact delaying it then everywhere it carriers would have it

Loudram

Does VZW at least have a time frame yet as to when "L" will be pushed out?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android 5.1 is rolling out to the Verizon Moto X 2014 models now. The Moto X 2013 model is still being worked on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Loudram

Thank you. I'm sure we'll finally see it when VZW is done filling it with bloatware.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola is working on it. Verizon only verifies it works on the network without breaking the network through a certification process.

0 Likes
Loudram

OK. I'm not here to start a debate and I appreciate you taking the time to try and answer my question. I'll leave it at this Motorola has released 5.1 to retail phones worldwide including the US. This information is coming from the Motorola forums and is confirmed by reps from Motorola as well as actual users of 1st gen Moto X's. I was just wondering if there was a time frame. Since there isn't one yet I'll just have to wait. Thank you again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They never release a time frame in case something goes wrong.

The closest thing to an official status update for the Verizon Moto X 2013 is from a Motorola employee in this link. https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/LbTwronL8Gc

0 Likes