Low Resolution incoming MMS 2014 Moto X
matthewb_rn

Im having an issue on on my 2014 Moto X running Android 5.0, no matter what messaging app I use incoming MMS are less than 30kb but I can send at the normal 700kb. <30kb is an extremely unusable resolution. Factory reset my phone and tried Verizon messaging plus which worked for one incoming MMS but subsequent messages were back to <30kb, and multiple resets later Ive gotten no inprovement. Went into a Verizon store and checked my APN settings against different phones which were identical. Verizon employees had no explanation either. Not sure if its a Verizon issue or Motorola issue but needs to be fixed.  Also note I've tried both in and off WiFi

0 Likes
Re: Low Resolution incoming MMS 2014 Moto X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matthewb_rn

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with the picture messges onyour Moto X! I definitely want to make sure this is resolved. Does this happen on all contacts or just a few? What happens if you send yourself a picture message? How long has this been going on?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
matthewb_rn

It's been going on since I've had the phone. And same thing when sending it to myself the outgoing photo is normal sized, but incoming is super low resolution. Its happened on all contacts, different carriers, different platforms (iOS android), it's really bizzare.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot. Have you tested messages sent from Gallery and ones directly taken through Messaging app then immediately sent? Also test adding the same picture to the message twice and then erase first one before sending.
I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport  

0 Likes
matthewb_rn

Yeah that does not seem to be the issue as they are incoming messages. When

I send an MMS the resolution \size is fine, it just goes through some weird

compression when incoming

On Dec 16, 2014 2:24 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying.  It sounds like at this point we've completed all troubleshooting possible with your device.  It may very well be a software issue that may be fixed with Motorola's next software update.  We may be able to look into the manufacturer's warranty if you'd like an immediate resolution. Is the device is free of physical or water damage?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
matthewb_rn

Yeah I even just replaced the Sim on the off chance that was it. But no

luck. Looks like its just a Motorola software issue. I'll wait to see of an

update comes around. Thank you for your help though.

On Dec 16, 2014 4:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome! Thank you for your patience regarding the MMS issue.  We're here to assist if you need anything else or want to review the warranty further.  Have a great night.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes