MMS Sending Duplicates
pearlmikejam

Over the last two weeks, I have been getting complaints from people because all of my MMS messages are sent multiple times.  This happens with pics, videos and regular text messages sent to a group of people as an MMS.

I originally thought this was an issue with one of the apps I use for messaging, so I uninstalled them one by one to test each app by itself.  I sent myself a pic from each app.  The two third party apps had the pic received twice for every one time I sent it.  The Stock Messaging app had the pic received 4 times for each one time it was sent.

The only app that did not have any issue was Google Hangouts.  This sent and received each pic only once.

Given that this happens with the Stock Messaging app, this leads me to believe that it may be a VZW/network issue.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Is it device specific or is it more widespread through the network?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Sending Duplicates
Roccor1

same issue here. Multiple MMS messages sent, using more data then need be. Hmm.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your MMS is vital, especially if multiple ones are being sent at once. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the MMS, any other issues?

0 Likes