Re: Marshmallow Update - Update Page was live, then pulled?
Matthew1313
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I know is this will be my last Android phone if they can't pull there head out of their collective rear 5+ months to get software right seems disingenuous at best. Most likely at this point I may even just change carriers. Verizon charges the most and can't even get their supposed flagship phone updated in a timely fashion.

webbster
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did , and I also considered that MM was released from google before the T2 was released from verizon. Moto may not have had time to include it before the phone was released but 4 months later I would think should be enough time to push the update. I would just like for Moto or Verizon  to actually inform its customers where they are in the process.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The only people that would know is Motorola.  They are the ones handling the code.  Verizon does not develop updates for the devices they sell unlike popular belief. Also carriers are on an NDA which they can only tell you what the manufacturer has allowed them to say.  So if Motorola is hush hush Verizon has no choice to be hush hush.  Here's also another perspective.

Do you know when Sony is going to deliver their next update for their PS line?  Of course since you don't develop for Sony let alone have their source code you will not know.  Verizon is in the same position.

0 Likes
Matthew1313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola says wait on carrier partner your saying it's Motorola wish one of them would be honest for fucks sake

Tidbits
Legend

They all say that even when it comes to their unlocked and unbranded devices.  It's a generic message.

0 Likes
Matthew1313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google should really take charge more and set a timetable for updates being mandatory. Sadly as they don't this may well be my last Android device. I grow tired of being jerked around on updates.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They can't... That's open source problem for you. In order for them to do what you ask they have to to proprietary, and they'd lose a huge following when they do.

0 Likes