McAfee Verification Error on Xoom
billyr14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried to activate the Wavesecure app on my Xoom many times and get Verification Error. The number could not be verified. Please try again.

Am using the new number assigned to my account when I purchased the Xoom this weekend.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: McAfee Verification Error on Xoom
billyr14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I resolved this problem.  I also have a Droid X that has the McAfee app. When I created my Google account on the Xoom, it automatically downloaded the apps that I had downloaded for the Droid. Apparently the McAfee is not pre-installed on the Xoom, but downloaded to it. I will delete the app from the Xoom.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

billyr14 wrote:

Have tried to activate the Wavesecure app on my Xoom many times and get Verification Error. The number could not be verified. Please try again.

Am using the new number assigned to my account when I purchased the Xoom this weekend.

Any solutions?

Are you using the app from McAfee made for tablets?

Also you can email the developer through the link in the market description of the app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
billyr14
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the native app that was pre-installed on the Xoom. When I boot up it displays a message to activate the software for protection.

0 Likes
billyr14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I resolved this problem.  I also have a Droid X that has the McAfee app. When I created my Google account on the Xoom, it automatically downloaded the apps that I had downloaded for the Droid. Apparently the McAfee is not pre-installed on the Xoom, but downloaded to it. I will delete the app from the Xoom.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
That sounds like an easy solution. :smileyhappy: Glad you figured it out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WaveSecure

Hi,

The Motorola XOOM does not have telephony stack so it can't make calls or receive SMS text messages. Hence, you will not be able to activate McAfee WaveSecure on it. The good news is that we have an Android tablet beta trial currently and you will get a free 90-day subscription. Check it out at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wsandroid.beta.

Thanks,

Team WaveSecure

0 Likes