Message+ sound notifications
BELCHU38

Since the update, I do not see the option to change my message+ notification sound. It is now the default notification (which I am able to change in my phone settings) but I want my text notification to be different as it always [previously] has been so I can distinguish the type of notification I receive according to the sound. Why is this feature/option [to change the notification sound] suddenly missing? How can I change the sound??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ sound notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are unable to change your Message+ notification sound after an update. While it is normal for some features to change with any type of update, we can review this issue further for you BELCHU38. What type of update are you referring to in your post?
Was it a software update for the phone?
Was it an update for the Verizon Message+ App only?

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BELCHU38

Phone/system software update. But the app might have too, I'm not sure. I

just know my phone had a system update June 21st. It also vibrates with the

sound and I no longer see the option to turn that off.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 12:34 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BELCHU38-

Thanks for the clarification as it helps us to narrow this issue down for a prompt solution. After all, we want you being able to customize any sound settings on your device at any time. From your phone, please go into the Message Plus app and click on the menu button located on the top right corner(3 dots)>Customize>Tones. You should be able to change the notification tone from that window. You can also disable the vibrate mode from there. Please let me know how that works.

Carmen_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BELCHU38

My phone doesn't have the three dots on the right of my message+ app but I

figured it out. Thank you. I didn't go to customize to change it before...I

believe I simply clicked on menu, settings, then notifications before. Im

not sure why my tone changed to default tone after an update?? I don't

recall that happening before. But oh well, it's now back to how I had it

set . Thanks for your help

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 1:18 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! We are glad to read that you were able to figure it our and make the necessary changes. Remember we are always here to help, don't hesitate to chime in for assistance. 

Roger_VZW

0 Likes
stachma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. I'd like to know also!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, stachma. We know how convenient it is to set different notifications for your contacts, and we'll be happy to help. We attached a link to our website where you'll find the exact steps on how to manage contact notification sounds on Verizon Messages. Does this information help? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-209297/

0 Likes