Most recent system update (June 2nd or 3rd 2020) causing issue with Bluetooth
eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Moto Z4 to QDFS30.130-42-1-2 tonight when prompted for a system update, prior to this I've had no issues with Bluetooth connectivity including earlier today. Following the update my Bluetooth head set cuts out while playing audio. I've verified that it's not related to the headphones (tried multiple pairs w/phone and verified those pairs work without issue on other devices), I've tried restarting my phone and resetting the Wi-Fi/moblie/Bluetooth with no improvement.

Labels (1)
29 Replies
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same issue. Plus my phone is getting super hot when doing anything. I can't find a way to fix these issues. It's ridiculous.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Xanakira. It's important that your phone functions properly, so we're here to help. Do you have trouble connecting to other devices? I'd like to investigate further. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello, Xanakira. It's important that your phone functions properly, so we're here to help. Do you have trouble connecting to other devices? I'd like to investigate further. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

This issue is affecting numerous customers and hopefully anything discovered via Private Messaging will be shared publicly. 

From a previous post, 'Spoke with Verizon support. They say it's a manufacturer issue and are working with them to resolve it'.  @tracyb_vzw  can you follow up on that and get an update?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
I have not received an update of when a fix is available. Support said my account was now on a list and I would be contacted when the update was available. I contacted them on messenger.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xanakira,we're truly sorry to hear that you did not receive an update. You can rest assured that we're currently working with Motorola to find a solution to this Bluetooth audio issue.

Meanwhile, we have identified a few workarounds to resolve this behavior. If you have a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency capable Wi-Fi router, please connect to the 5 GHz frequency. Also, please make sure to turn off Bluetooth and WI-Fi scanning for location services on the device via Settings>>Location>>Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning>>Off.

Please let us know if this yields any results on your end.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

2nd update. 

Appears safe mode only resolved issue because airplane mode turns on by default. Issue appears to be related to Wi-Fi being turned on while using Bluetooth (didn't check to turn on Wi-Fi when originally testing safe mode). Turning off Wi-Fi resolves issue regardless of mobile connection, when turning Wi-Fi back on issue immediately returns.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@eolsonwatson wrote:

2nd update. 

Appears safe mode only resolved issue because airplane mode turns on by default. Issue appears to be related to Wi-Fi being turned on while using Bluetooth (didn't check to turn on Wi-Fi when originally testing safe mode). Turning off Wi-Fi resolves issue regardless of mobile connection, when turning Wi-Fi back on issue immediately returns.

After my Moto z4 update, June 2nd, my Plantronics PLT-M70 bluetooth stopped having clean calls over WiFi.  I have to turn WiFi off and revert to cell signal for clean calls without broken, unacceptable conversations.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never have my WiFi on and only utilize cell data so that shouldn't be an issue in my case at least. And it's not a signal issue. My music will play fine until connected to a Bluetooth device then it skips like crazy. And when I use the power button to dim the screen then push it to turn the screen back on, audio completely stops for a good 1-2 seconds. 

eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

As an update, I went through Verizons troubleshooting for my phone, the issue appears to resolve with safe mode enabled, but no apps have recently been installed or updated aside from the system update. Using Simple System Monitor I can see CPU spikes that appear to often coincide with the disruption of the Bluetooth audio.

0 Likes