Moto Droid z Battery life
BoomerD_
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I among so many others am experiencing a horrible battery life ever since the latest updates. And no matter if I use a fast charge or slow charge it lasts anywhere from unplugging my phone (dies) to maybe 10 mins before it dies. The battery indicator never drops past 60% when it shuts off, sometimes sooner. I have done the factory reset 5 times to no avail. I have also talked to several cell phone repair shops and they all have told me there is literally nothing that can be done. I love this phone (xt1650) but this is ridiculous.

So I ask you, Verizon, what are you doing to fix this obvious issue with customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Droid z Battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want you to have when upgrading your software on your device, BoomerD. I can say that an update does not fully complete once it is down installing onto your device. The installation can still be processing in the background which can cause a massive drain on your battery. This process can take up to 48 hours depending on how you treat the device such as turning it off, factory resets and other steps that can slow it. Did you verify that all other applications have also been updated on your Moto Droid Z? Have you let your battery completely drain, charge it to full and power it on after the update?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BoomerD_
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for at least 3 weeks, everything has been updated,

and yes the battery has been fully drained then fully charged. Still maybe

10 minutes before it dies again. I have to keep it plugged in just to use

it, including replying to you.

On Dec 9, 2017 1:48 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BoomerD,

I'm so sorry for any and all inconvenience with the battery life on your Motorola. I'd like to gather some additional clues, since you're still having issues. Does your device show any signs of physical or liquid damage? Do you have a case on the device? Let's make sure the update completed successfully. Can you advise the software version? Here's a link to assist you with that: http://spr.ly/6585DGr83

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MIZ_ANTHROPIC

Literally EVERYONE is having problems with their Moto Z battery life - I was assured by the sales people at Verizon that the Moto Z had the best battery life of any phone on the market - Verizon and Motorola refuse to do anything about the problem.  I am basically stranded without a phone until I pay off this terrible phone and purchase another one - Rest assured it won't be a Motorola phone and I will be switching providers as well

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes