Moto X (2014) Now Has Android 5.1 and Still no Advance Calling 1.0
robeo1081
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we are on June 30th, 2015.  8 months after phone released and I still have to hang up to check my emails or go online. Still disappointed with phone.  Its 2015 this feature should be a basic feature included in all phones.  ANY WORD ON THIS FEATURE??? Droid Turbo is getting 5.1 supposedly tomorrow. and Moto X 3 will be released in a few months. Unbelievable, patiently waiting for nothing.

Re: Moto X (2014) Now Has Android 5.1 and Still no Advance Calling 1.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Robeo1081,

We know having the features you need most on your device is important! We have no info on when Advanced Calling will be available for your deivce. You can keep checking our Advanced Calling devices for availability http://spr.ly/6582BB7ho .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iamavig
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! It's such a sham.

When I bought the phone I was told I'd get Advanced Calling over the weekend of October 25, 2014. Then I was told Thanksgiving Time.

It's now July 1st, and pathetically we are still waiting for this feature, which in all likelihood will never come to us.

If they had told us we weren't getting this feature ever, I'm certain we all would've reconsidered getting the phone.

We should all get refunds/discounts for the impartial service we receive.

imdickie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola activated Advanced Calling on the Moto X 2014 with the 5.1 update. It is absolutely VZW that is blocking this.

Advanced Calling 1.0

You will only get platitudes from VZW on the community board. The only way to hurt them is for people to band together in a class action law suit and/or vote with your money and leave for another carrier.

Snn5
Legend

Your link is for Release Notes - Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, Droid Maxx.  Not Moto X 2014.

No such thing as class action lawsuits with Verizon.  Look at the agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

iamavig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to follow up, I just spoke to Verizon, and as they've been saying since November, "we are one minor technical fix away from it".

GodzillaFrank
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its amazing a windows phone has it, i know 3 people with them. Yet moto x2 dont, hopefully when we get it its flawless.

Snoddy85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny how Verizon won't respond with anything other then "We don't have an exact date" to customers wondering why a feature that Verizon touts isn't on a phone they purchased and have been told would be available in fall of 2014. That is an unacceptable answer at this point.

gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

That [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] its not like Verizon wireless don't have the means to activate this feature. All the droid lines have gotten the feature. This would have been a deal breaker for me when I got this phone in November. This update to advance calling was supposed to be available by February. But I know whats going to happen. The new moto x 2015 will come out with advance calling and then after about 2/weeks you will give the moto x 2014 the update. It's all about marketing and money. Well I've been a Verizon customer since 2004 and my money is going elsewhere.

gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

All my lines are ready for upgrade or termination. I pay more than other carriers because Verizon is the premium provider and I don't mind that, I got 5 lines on Verizon and pay $300 month but I can't deal with the slow updates any longer. I need a nexus but I will probably just unlock my moto x and use it on at&t where you can talk and surf the internet on a moto x 2014 at the same time