Moto X 2014 update to Android 6.0
mikez23

Is the Verizon version of the Moto X 2014 going to get the Android 6.0  update? I have heard its not. Why is that?

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X 2014 update to Android 6.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Daniel.obrien,

Verizon Wireless and Motorola want you to have the best experience at all times. You can check our software update page for the latest information on software updates for your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Thus far Motorola has only stated that 5.1 has been rolling out since June 2015 for 2nd gen and 1st gen will remain on 5.1.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
droid99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also heard that the Verizon 2nd Gen is not getting Android M and, if true, shame on Verizon and Motorola for not providing Android OS updates for a device that is so recent, that you still sell it

Tidbits
Legend

Every time Motorola has been sold they dropped support shortly there after. It shouldn't have been a surprise.

0 Likes
Unclenico
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really hope it does. A Verizon rep pushed for me to get the 2014 moto x a week ago telling me it will get fast updates. I'm beyond mad!!!!

Snn5
Legend

OH NO.......and with the new Moto X Pure on the scene at $400 too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are within the 14 day return policy period,  I would suggest taking the phone and everything you purchased with it and return it. Then use the money returned minus the restocking fee to get the Moto X 2015 pure edition directly from Motorola or a different phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rathburn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it hard to believe that the Droid Maxx with virtually the same basic specs (less bloatware)  is upgraded and offshore Moto x 2014 is supported. Leads me to who the bad guy is.  I am puzzled why Verizon keeps blocking services that the phones are capable of doing.  (way back with the original Blackberry, when you blocked Google Maps, because it wasn't tested.  But I could subscribe for a fee, to the Verizon maps app.)  Really Verizon, quite trying to rule the world with your lame excuses. 

4ringsnbr
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you think Verizon is also blocking the 6.0 update for the Moto X 2014 AT&T version?  This is clearly a Motorola decision due to cost-cutting by Lenovo... it's why they stopped working on VoLTE for the Moto X2 (which is required for proper operation on the Verizon network) despite having developed all the necessary code for it on the Droid Turbo.  They're too cheap to pay for the certification of the update by Verizon.  Motorola (specifically, Lenovo) is the villain here so they blame goes to them.

That said, I have no loyalty to any carrier, and whoever carries the Sony Xperia Z COMPACT next will get my money since it seems no other phone can fit into your pocket anymore.

Tidbits
Legend

Much like the Moto G and Moto E losing support despite being less than 8 monthe old?  Personally I am disappointed in motorola, but I expected this when Lenovo took over. They selective cut costs and fired majority of Motorola original employees.