Moto X Battery Drain after 4.4.2 update :( eee
B33
Legend

Seen a article in D.L. Kellex was saying that some Customers that have updated to the New 4.4.2  is seeing some possible battery Drain since Updating to the New OS if member's on here are seeing this and have not updated yet.!   it may be time to put the breaks on doing this update see how this update is going to play out for a bit..and hopefully whats being reported is only minor, very minor  Don't to be eager to jump into it..

Here's the D.L. link  http://www.droid-life.com/2014/03/05/moto-x-reportedly-seeing-battery-drain-on-android-4-4-2/

0 Likes
Re: Moto X Battery Drain after 4.4.2 update :( eee
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I haven't noticed much difference in battery life since the software update. I still get a good 18 hours before getting below 10%, and that's using my Moto X texting, web surfing, Facebook, and a few calls. Curious to hear from others.

Doc

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Doc thanks for reporting the information, If your seeing good results in it the ones that are having the issue could took the Download wrong or had other issue that might be causing the issue that some are reporting.. So your info helps a bunch thanks again keep on enjoying that little Guy.. Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
billhong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done the update, and yesterday I also switched runtime from Dalvik to ART.  I have not seen any problems with battery life--after charging to just above 90% this morning I'm now running down to 70% after 7 hours, including some surfing, texting, and downloads/emails etc.  Even did some fiddling with camera, but no voice calls. 

I do actively manage running apps and shutting down location finding, mobile data etc. when I don't need it.  My Settings/Battery analysis still says I can run 24 hrs on a full charge. 

You can find a similar discussion going on right now here: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/03/05/moto-x-reportedly-seeing-battery-drain-on-android-4-4-2/

0 Likes
10seVol
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't use my Moto X much. I've been getting 48 hours between charges. As of a few days ago, I'm lucky if I get 10-15h. I found that my phone is being kept awake by the Android OS 97.8% of the time.

• I'm showing 10h 44m on the most recent charge
  • The Android OS keep wake stat is 10h 30m

I just installed WakeLock Detector and hopefully I'll learn more. If you have any ideas please let me know. Otherwise, when I figure out the problem I'll post and update.

brekka

I did the update and have had horrible battery life since, immediately before the update I could go all day and only use 50% battery life at absolute most. I have most things turned off and only really use the Nook app and texting and would have no trouble. Now all settings the same I hit 20% battery life. Today I left the phone alone did not use it for anything, no calls, no Nook app just sitting around and I was down to 86%. According to the usage Android OS has used most of the power.

0 Likes