Moto X Designed by You PIN for an upgrade to Edge
GeorgeBombadil

How can I get a PIN to upgrade my existing device that just went off contract to a Moto X Designed by You phone under an Edge plan? I called the 800 number and went to my local store, both said the phone is out of stock and that I'd need to contact Motorola for more information. Motorola said that the phone wasn't out of stock and that I'd have to order a PIN through Verizon. It seems to work fine if I'm buying my phone at full price or doing the 2-year contract, but I would like the monthly discounts through Edge. Can someone here please help?

0 Likes
Re: Moto X Designed by You PIN for an upgrade to Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
GeorgeBombadil

We are happy to help you. In order to take advantage of Motorola's customization options, you first have to place an order for the 'Moto X (2nd Gen.) - Designed by You' either in a store, with us online or over the phone. I'll include a link directly to purchasing the device. Choose the option for Verizon EDGE. After placing your order, you will be emailed a PIN that you will use on Motorola's wesbite to then customize your device.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/moto-x-2nd-gen-designed-by-you/

Enjoy!

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
GeorgeBombadil

ChristopherM_VZW,

I tried all that, but the link you included isn't for purchasing the device but it redirects to Motorola's web site to design the device. I tried going to a store and calling the toll-free number twice, but nobody was able to help me out and kept telling me I needed to call Motorola. I called Motorola and they told me I need to purchase a PIN through Verizon.

Please try the link you gave me, and tell me how to purchase the PIN with Edge.

Thanks, George

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely strange, GeorgeBombadil. To confirm, if you select the option for Edge using the link Christopher provided, it does not generate the pin for your Create model after advancing through the order screens?

Also, if you do purchase your next Moto at full retail, you do qualify for the Month to Month discount, as long as your current contract is complete, and you are on More Everything.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
GeorgeBombadil

The link from Christopher does not give me the option to buy, just the option to "Design Yours".

Then my options after designing the phone are:

No mention of PIN's or Edge. Since my original message, I missed out on a free memory upgrade promotion on this phone because I can't seem to find anyone who is able to generate a PIN for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi GeorgeBombadil,

Thanks for the details! We want to help you process your order properly. I just walked through the entire order process and did not ask me for a pin. The Moto X - Designed by You online website will not ask for a pin when ordering the device via designed by you website. Here is a complete FAQ on how to order this device. Please reference number 1 &4 under Buying a Moto X. Please click on the designed by you online link to start your order. If still having difficulties, we can call you to place the order.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi GeorgeBombadil,

Thanks for the details! We want to help you process your order properly. I just walked through the entire order process and did not ask me for a pin. The Moto X - Designed by You online website will not ask for a pin when ordering the device via designed by you website. Here is a complete FAQ on how to order this device http://spr.ly/6585CzzJ . Please reference number 1 &4 under Buying a Moto X. Please click on the designed by you online link to start your order. If still having difficulties, we can call you to place the order.
PamelaF_VZW
0 Likes
GeorgeBombadil

Which option did you choose on the Motorola site to upgrade an existing phone to an Edge plan?

0 Likes