Moto X Lollipop Update Issues
nshaneyf

I'm experiencing a number of intermittent issues since Verizon posted the Lollipop update to the original Moto X:

• The phone intermittently shuts down (once it happened in the middle of a phone call, once while I was using the Facebook app)
  • Bluetooth connectivity sometimes intermittently cuts out, especially during a phone call (I can hear them, but they can't hear me).  After switching to the handset, the other party can hear me for 5 seconds, but then they can't hear me again.
  • In general, app performance is slow and the phone seems laggy.  The camera is slower and much less responsive.
  • App optimization occurs nearly every time the phone powers up. Historically, I have only seen this happen ONCE on Android devices that just received an update, and then never again until the next update.  This means the phone takes 20-30 minutes to start up.

Would love to hear others' input and get a resolution or patch to this!!!

0 Likes
Re: Moto X Lollipop Update Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 2013 model or the 2014 model? I don't experience any of those things on either model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nshaneyf,
Issues with phones are definitely no fun. Our aim is for our customers to have the best experience with their phones on our network. These are quite the issues you are having. Could you please confirm the software version that is currently listed on your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83018/ Also, when the phone is in Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83017/ do you still experience the same?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nshaneyf

Android Version is 5.1

Kernel Version is 3.4.42-g756aa87

hudsoncm@ilclbld35 #1

Mon Aug 17 07:58:00 CDT 2015

System version is 222.26.7.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Build number is LPA23.12-39.7

Rebooting to Safe Mode and restarting again seems to have alleviated the optimizing app issue, and things seem less laggy altogether.  I'll keep monitoring for random shutdowns or spotty bluetooth. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nshaneyf,

Providing this information is definitely great. We appreciate you working with us to get your phone concerns resolved. It’s great to see that you are having a better experience with your phone now. Given that Safe Mode seem to alleviate the concerns you were having, it tends to point towards apps being the culprit. I would recommend a sort of “spring cleaning” on your phone and get rid of apps that you don’t need. My own person rule of thumb is if I haven’t touched it in a couple of weeks, I don’t need it in my phone. You can also review the permissions you have allowed certain apps, via the Apps Manager, to see if the permissions granted outweigh the possible impacts it may have on your phone. Keep us in the loop with your additional findings.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes