Moto X Strength/Connection Issue
Lyds

Good morning.

I don't know if this is a Moto X issue or a Verizon issue or an I may be a little dumb about Smart Phones issue. I tried to use an app the other day when I was in Wal Mart & it wouldn't work but my husband used the same exact app for me & it worked perfectly. That caused me to look at my connectivity. It showed I was connected to the Wal-Mart wi-fi but the bars that show the strength were red. I then looked at the bars that showed my cell service strength. They were red also & I didn't even have 3G service. My husband on the other hand not only had service, he had 4G service.His strength bars were not red like mine, either. We have the same exact phone.  I know very little about smart phones (this is my first one) but it would seem that we have something in our settings set differently or maybe I'm having an antenna issue.  Like I said, I know so little about smart phones that I'm more than likely showing my ignorance like a flashing neon sign -- I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or if perhaps someone knows what I've done wrong.  Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X Strength/Connection Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Lyds. I want to get clarification on this. It sounds like your husband was with you, is that correct? Were you able to get back to 4G LTE once you left the store? Wehn you're connected to a wi-fi network, you will not see a 4G LTE indicator. Since it happens at Wal-Mart, it indicates there are factors which affect service only at that location.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lyds, no need to wonder. We can address your concerns. Based on your details, it sounds like the data connection created issues with accessing that application. There's a possibility that there may have been issue with Walmart's Wi-Fi signal strength. Next time, disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lyds

Thank you so much for your reply. I will give that a try next time.....do you have any idea as to why my husband didn't have any issues using the app or why his phone had 4G service but mine didn't even have 3G? As I said, my signal bars were red, for both the Wi-Fi & wireless service. This has happened multiple times while in Wal-Mart & only to my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Lyds. I want to get clarification on this. It sounds like your husband was with you, is that correct? Were you able to get back to 4G LTE once you left the store? Wehn you're connected to a wi-fi network, you will not see a 4G LTE indicator. Since it happens at Wal-Mart, it indicates there are factors which affect service only at that location.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
Lyds

I really appreciate your quick responses!

Yes, my husband was with me @ Wal-Mart. Now that I know you will not see a 4G LTE indicator when connected to a wi-fi network I see the issue was at Wal-Mart and my husband was obviously not connected to their wi-fi network.  That is why he was able to use the app I couldn't use. Yes, I did get back to 4G LTE once I left Wal Mart. The next time I am there I will disable wi-fi and connect to the Verizon network.  If I've misunderstood anything please correct me.I appreciate the help so much!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Much appreciated Lyds, just wanted to make sure. What device model does he have, I was unable to determine this from your previous posts. Do both of you have a case on the phones? It definitely points to the building interfering with signal, it happens to me at Wal Mart as well.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
Lyds

My husband has a Motorola Moto X & we both have a case on our phones. His is an OtterBox & mine is some cutesy girlie plastic thing. (ha ha)  I do believe you have solved my issue with your detailed and easy to understand explanation as to what was going on. I appreciate the "user friendliness" of your responses, by the way. I wasn't kidding when I said when it comes to smart phones I am less than knowledgeable. Thanks again for the great help!

0 Likes