Moto X not sending downloaded pictures via MMS and MMS to T-Mobile doesn't work
Ajahang

Two issues with my Moto X.

1. MMS attachment issue
  2. MMS sent to T-Mobile customers do not download on their end. Only T-Mobile customers.

First, my Moto X is not sending out any downloaded pictures via MMS. For example, a funny meme you want to share. I can send via e-mail, hangout, social network, and any other method; however, sending via MMS does not work.

I get an error when I add a picture to the text. "Unsupported picture format / Choose a different picture."

While this seems straightforward, I have tried different file types, jpg, gif, bmp, png, etc, and nothing works. I also tried smaller file sizes, but still nothing. Side note on the file size, the phone should compress larger files down to smaller file sizes, so size shouldn't be an issue.

Second, any MMS sent to T-Mobile customers, are not received by the recipient. They receive the "Download" prompt, but nothing goes throu

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Moto X not sending downloaded pictures via MMS and MMS to T-Mobile doesn't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajahang, we don't want this to be an ongoing text messagng issue for you. Did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall it in the Settings of your device. Next, make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Please delete all unwanted text messages on your device. Lastly, turn data on, turn Wi-Fi off and test the text messaging feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Moto X not sending downloaded pictures via MMS and MMS to T-Mobile doesn't work
Ajahang

Thanks for the reply, I am using the native messaging app -not 3rd party. I deleted all texts, and have hard reset the phone as well, however, same issues continue. (Not a memory issue, and Wi-Fi is off)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajahang we'll pinpoint the issue and get the messages flowing! Has there been any changes to the device since this started?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Ajahang

No changes whatsoever.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd Ajahang, but we'll get this figured out! To cross all bases, try running in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1mIaMcI to determine whether an app is causing the issue. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Ajahang

Hello, just tried to send via Safe Mode as instructed, and no success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajahang,

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to send the message via Safe Mode. Has it always been this way? Did this just start?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ajahang

Hi Robin,

The T-Mobile MMS issue has always been like this with my Moto X, however, I am unsure about the attaching downloaded pictures into an MMS issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajahang,

Thanks for the info! Lets investigate these issues further. What software version is your device running on? Settings>About phone>System Verison. Also please provide the Android verison. If there is a new software version please update the device.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes