Moto X randomly shutting off
kip1miller

I have the moto x since it was released and had no issues up until about a week ago when it began randomly shutting off. I uninstalled any apps I installed since the issue began and also have tried rebooting into safe mode but the issue persists. The phone has not been dropped or sustained any kind of impact/damage.Has anyone else had this problem? Unfortunately, I am past my return window.

0 Likes
Re: Moto X randomly shutting off
pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope....You can always get it exchanged.

0 Likes
kip1miller

Well, that's good news. Guess I'll head over to the Verizon store. I'll update this thread when I have an answer to my issue.

0 Likes
pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck and ask them about the missing UPDATE.

0 Likes
PrairieLizard

I am having the exact same problem. It happened last week. Then it happened again today. The last time I though the battery went dead, but I specifically remember looking at the battery indicator earlier and it was fine.

Today after it happened, I plugged it in. After a while it was able to come back on. Then it said it had updated an application "Maps". Maybe that has something to do with it.

0 Likes
kip1miller

I found that disabling Nova launcher seems to have resolved my issue. I went back to the stock launcher and haven't had a random shut down since. Also, if you haven't heard, soak test invites have gone out for an update for the Verizon moto X. It's unconfirmed that it's the camera update but it most likely is.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/15/soak-test-for-verizons-moto-x-incoming-likely-the-camera-update...

0 Likes
kip1miller

your issue sounds different to the on I was having. I never had an issue powering my phone back on. It was just randomly turning off a couple times a day and I could simply turn it back on. You'll see in my post above that I found that disabling Nova launcher and switching back to the stock launcher appears to have resolved my issue.

0 Likes
PrairieLizard

Thanks for the update. My problem happened again last night. At the end of a quick phone call, when I went to hang up, the screen went blank. After a couple minutes (maybe only 30 seconds, but it seemed like a couple minutes), I was able to punch the side button enough it came back on long enough for me to hang up the phone. The battery was fully charged.

0 Likes