Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KDeli, having a device that discharges at a quick rate is definitely a frustrating situation. We appreciate your troubleshooting efforts to fix the batter problem. We can assure you that Verizon will not do anything to your devices to impact them in a negative way once they are paid-off. To be sure we are on the same page, tell us more, do your phones have any damage? What changed before the battery issue started?

Victor_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KAIZO05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't understand why certain issues are treated as if they are completely out of the blue.  As if some random remote anomaly is affecting the device and causing this unheard of behavior.  My Moto Z Droid was fine when I didn't update the OS, and the moment that I did, not it shuts off randomly with what appears to be plenty of battery life left and drains like a timer counting down the seconds.  If you Google the symptoms for Motorola phones and battery/firmware/OS updates, you get pages of different posts stating the same characteristics of a bad upgrade that debilitates their phone to the point of becoming a piece of useless plastic in your pocket.  The biggest problem is not knowing who is at fault because everyone seems to throw their hands up and say, "sorry not our problem, but we'll take more of your money to fix our issues!"  Just know that people have access to the internet and can research for just a few seconds until they find post after post of what is obviously a device defect, not a user one.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The question that I can't seem to get an answer to is why exactly would I, and a lot of other people who own this model Motorola, all of sudden need to be reviewing battery saving tips post-Oreo, when we didn't have any battery drain issues pre-Oreo? What was changed in the update that is causing battery drain to be 4x - 8x greater? And what, if any, damage is this increased rate of drain causing to the battery/processor? The fact that Verizon and Lenovo push these updates on customers, then refuse to allow a firmware rollback when something goes wrong, puts the collective responsibility for any adverse effects 100% on the both of them. I paid a lot of money for this phone, and I expect that either the battery drain issue will be resolved, or Verizon/Lenovo can replace my phone with a pre-Oreo model.

Cinvos2123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing the same thing,. Will only work if plugged in and no one will help solve this problem

hootfish71
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone will not be paid off for 6 months and I can't do anything with it unless it is plugged in. I just unplugged it and looked at the est. battery life and it is 41 minutes.  I have NOTHING running and I have done a factory reset I have no idea what to do. I am so disappointed in my phone. phone battery.jpg

Elsos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could this be a battery that needs to be replaced?

This idea surely doesn't touch the consistent timing of all of these issues, even with my own Droid, but to me, it just screams the need for a new battery.

0 Likes
hootfish71
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what I thought but the Tech did a battery check and said it was fine.  This did not happen until after I did the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you restore your phone after doing the factory reset? If you did, please try doing the factory reset again and do not back up the phone right away. Test the device as if it was new, at least for a day and share your results with us.

Abraham_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mbrooke1215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry but that is a terrible, canned answer because none of those things you suggested will help, and you guys know it. that's the same song that ya'll were singing almost 2 months ago after that update dropped and created havoc and much frustration and confusion for so, so many of your loyal customers. I cant believe these issues are still being denied by Verizon and the manufacturers such as Motorola and Samsung. How long will they continue to deny? This will not be forgotten...by your loyal customers

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand were you are coming from, Looneyman.  We certainly would like to help and review what available options. Also, besides the update, do you recall recent changes, new applications download, physical damage to your device? Keep us posted.

Maria_VZW

0 Likes