Re: Moto Z Force droids, Battery life is no longer since last update.
Krehetin
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are lucky!!! 7 hours, I wish! My phone/battery dies the second I touch it. I was at 100% and took 1 picture on my vacation and the phone immediately died. I charged the phone again and answered a couple of texts, phone died again. I was on vacation and when the phone died, I couldn't get back to my hotel. No Uber, no directions to walk. It was terrible. I'm aggravated. I re calibrated the battery a bunch of times, still isn't working

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Krehetin
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I also had to go buy an extra device to charge the phone on the go for 100 bucks. So I could turn my phone on for a couple of minutes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARVAN65, I appreciate the information you provided. I rely on my phone's battery to last as long as the manufacturer says it does. I am confident that we can get the battery issue your phone is having resolved. What software version does your device have? Settings > About phone > Android Version. Are all of your applications up to date?

Jacob_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARVAN65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android version 8.0.0, security patch level May 1, 2018. That is when the problem started. This version was updated June 21, 2018.

All apps are up to date.

0 Likes
MARVAN65
Enthusiast - Level 2

OCLS27.76-69-4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This short of a battery life is definitely concerning, Krehetin. We want to help you get the most out of your phone. When did the issue start? Are all your apps and software up to date? Is there any physical or liquid damage with your device?

Nicole_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARVAN65, thank you for sharing those additional details regarding the latest software version that's currently installed on your device. We understand that the overall battery life is a concern for you and we're confident that we can get to the bottom of this.

In review of the Moto Z Force Droid, we're showing that the battery can support up to 29 hours of usage time. In an earlier message, you had stated that the battery is currently averaging 20 - 22 hours so this is not too far off. From your device, if you to go Settings > Battery, can you describe what you see listed here? Which apps are using the most battery power?

Samantha_VZW

0 Likes
Krehetin
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.0 is when it started. My phone has no damage. Everything is up to date. And this happened because it the update.

MARVAN65
Enthusiast - Level 2

System 51% (24% used by Android OS)

Phone Idle 19% (18h 39 m)

Apps 12%

That was the breakdown for 19 hours of use, with 1 hr 51 mins (9%) battery left. That is consistent every day now since the 8.0 software update.

This represents over 50% reduction in battery life from the previous 1.5 years of owning my phone. I have been explaining this issue in every single post here. The 8.0 update is certainly the culprit. I'm looking for a solution. Please.

DOUBLETTRAINING
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree. Not only does my battery life now suck (literally), notifications are repeating themselves, even after they've been dismissed. Phone is constantly chirping, all applications notification settings were turned on. I've turned off the majority of them, leaving the normal ones, and battery still disappears. what the heck happened? my icons are now smaller and "left justified" on each screen as well. my talk to me while driving feature won't work. I pay a LOT of money for this wireless "service" and am quite frustrated with the level of incompetency I experience whenever there is an issue (which seems to be whenever there is an update). To save Verizon the routine: no, there is no damage to my phone. no, no liquid has come in contact with it. Yes, I have tried a different charger.