Re: Moto Z recent update!
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

YES!  Disable the app.  My last instruction should have read to "Disable" the app, then reboot.

That will clear the cache and data and prevent the app from loading on starting up the phone.

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

By the way, AppFlash is the worst thing Verizon can do to its customers.  It serves no purpose other than for VZ to monitor your phone usage.  Otherwise, why would it be kept such a secret!

0 Likes
Lizlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, it did not correct the battery drain issue. Not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your battery to drain quickly is no fun at all Lizlem. I am sure we will figure out what is going on. Did disabling the app help with your battery concerns? How long does your batter last? Is there any physical or moisture damage to the device? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lizlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disabling the app did not resolve the problem. There has been no physical damage or water exposure.

The battery will drain in less than an hour if I use it. It will shut down sometimes at 50%, sometimes less. When I plug it I to the charger, the battery has charge left. So I'm not sure why it is shutting off.

I downloaded the Accubattery app. Battery capacity on this phone is 3000mAh. Estimated capacity is 1145mAh. Not sure if that infomation helps you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details and we’ll get to the bottom of this for you, Lizlem.  If you go to Settings > Battery > have you tried disabling the app or apps that show in the list as the ones that use the most battery?  I recommend clearing the app cache data in your device by going to Settings> Storage > Internal shared storage if you have a SD card > let it calculate and then click on Cached Data and OK to confirm.  This will clear Cached files from all apps.  Then you can try booting your device into Safe Mode as this will disable any 3rd party apps.  Here is the link to boot the device into Safe Mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes