MotoX 1st gen - lost the ability to turn on Wifi and Bluetooth
APasquale1

A few days ago, my MotoX stopped having the ability to turn on Wifi and Bluetooth. Here's the deal:

If I go to the WIRELESS AND NETWORK SETTINGS, both Wifi and Bluetooth are labeled "OFF". When I touch the button to turn them ON, the slider moves to the ON position and *immediately* moves back to the OFF position.

Please don't ask about signal strengths and connectivity details since I can't even access available networks because turning Wifi ON doesn't work anymore at all. The last software upgrade was in May, haven't downloaded any new apps or noticed any changes beyond the Wifi/BT issue. I've already tried clearing the cache and starting in safe mode - neither of these work.

Any help or information regarding this issue would be wonderful. From what I've seen in the online forums, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: MotoX 1st gen - lost the ability to turn on Wifi and Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the steps you've taken to try to get this resolved so far APasquale1. I rely on my WiFi and Bluetooth each and everyday, so I understand that importance. You've done a lot of steps that we would suggest already. Our very last option here would be a full Factory Reset. Has this been performed? If not, I would recommend doing one before we proceed.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APasquale1

Before I try the full factory reset, can you confirm that I'll be able to activate the phone WITHOUT the use of Wifi if the reset doesn't fix the problem? I've read on a few threads that people, in attempts to fix this exact issue, do a factory reset and then are not able to use the phone because it can't connect to Wifi for the initial set up process.

Also, if the factory reset does not work, what is the next step in resolving the problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APasquale1

I understand your concerns regarding the factory reset. That phone does not need wifi access to finish activating. If it doesn’t activate after performing a factory reset, their may be other concerns going on. How long have you had your phone? Do you have the extended warranty or insurance coverage? Let us know what happens when you perform the reset.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes