MotoX 2nd Gen - phone pad freezing up
MotoXChicago
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the phone about 3 weeks and today I received a call to refill a prescription via auto fill. I needed to use my phone pad to answer some questions in order for the refill to happen. The pad froze up and I could not complete the task. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, if so, how can I unfreeze the phone pad in the future.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MotoX 2nd Gen - phone pad freezing up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMitch77,

Thank you for giving that a try. When you did this factory reset did you restore things like your email address, apps, or contacts? If so, please turn off Automatic Restore and do another factory reset. This time, do not put any info on the phone until you can test it for a few hours.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is the first time I hear this issue with the Moto X MotoXChicago! Next time you experience this issue, try pressing the power button to close the screen, then press it again to bring the screen on and see if you are able to enter numbers on the dial pad. How often do you power your phone off/on? I recommend doing it once a day to reset the system.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mavfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm finding that my Moto X 2nd Gen also tends to freeze every now and then. Like last night, overnight, it froze and I ended up missing my alarm in the morning.  I have to do a manual reset (hold the power button for 10 seconds or so) to reboot.   This has been happening off and on -- I can't replicate it -- ever since i got the phone a month ago.  Should I replace it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mavfan,

We want your device to work properly! Does the device freeze in a particular application? How frequently does this occur? What is your current software version? Go to settings>about phone>software version.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mavfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Pamela.

It typically freezes up when I try to unlock it.  I will wave my hand over the screen, the time and "lock" symbol appear, then when I drag the lock symbol down to put in my unlock pattern, the screen remains dark, usually, the lock symbol stays at the bottom of the screen, and the unlock pattern screen never appears.  I try waving my hand over the screen again, but nothing happens. I then push the power button once, which makes the screen go dark, then push it again in hopes that the screen will unfreeze, but it typically remains dark until I do the 10 second hold on the power button to manually reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mavfan,

Thanks for the details! Did the device perform this way originally when first purchased? Do you have a particular picture saved to the lock screen? Please place the device in safe mode and let me know if the issue still occurs http://vz.to/1yD2TpO .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of us are having this same issue and they've been pushing the factory reset to try to correct it. I just completed the reset and am skeptical as to whether or not this will fix it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMitch77 I hear you & understand where you are coming from! Resets are recommended when there are software errors to correct. Keep us posted if the issues continue.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
JMitch77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update, performed factory reset at noon, issue happened again at 3PM so a factory reset is not the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMitch77,

Thank you for giving that a try. When you did this factory reset did you restore things like your email address, apps, or contacts? If so, please turn off Automatic Restore and do another factory reset. This time, do not put any info on the phone until you can test it for a few hours.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes