MotoX OTA update fixes, when's it coming to VERIZON???
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1
Camera – Improved Photo QualityImproved capture of natural light  (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in  outdoor and backlit scenes
Camera – Improved FocusFaster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
Camera – Faster SwitchingShortened the time it takes to switch  between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the  viewfinder and the Gallery app
Enhanced Touchless ControlIncreased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
Improved Motorola Migrate ExperienceImproved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
Google Drive – 50GB PromotionAdded a promotion expiration date - customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer
Calling – Improved Voice QualityFixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
Moto Care – Lost Device FinderFixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
Motorola Assist – Driving DetectionFixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode
0 Likes
Re: MotoX OTA update fixes, when's it coming to VERIZON???
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will available after Verizon Wireless approves it for distribution and not a moment before. This is my opinion based on almost four years of Android update history I have experienced on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

According to "Support", Verizon doesn't even have the update in internal testing.  The delays have nothing to do with Verzion being concerned about QnA.

Comments edited for appropriate content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Support Reps NEVER know if an update is in the testing process. Heck they don't know when an update is going to be released until it is about to happen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Then perhaps "they" shouldn't comment on things they know nothing about as representatives of VZW?

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Note...For posterity these posts are being recorded.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hanoverfiste wrote:

Then perhaps "they" shouldn't comment on things they know nothing about as representatives of VZW?

The reps from the social media team that post on this community don't comment except to say they don't know if or when an update could be released. The phone reps are the same way.

As for me, I'm just another customer like yourself. The difference is that I have seen the pattern for updates for the last three to four years for Android devices through this community forum. The pattern is easy to recognize now and frankly it is exhausting to read the rants for wanting an update to where is the update and on the update messed up my phone then others suggesting to factory reset the phone clear out the leftover old code. The Moto X is just another phone in that long line of devices not just on this carrier, but all the others that support Android, Windows, iOS and BlackBerry devices.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

So in other words you've resigned yourself to accepting VZW horrible update cycle?  The problem is the other carriers seem to update their phones in a timely manner, so why can't VZW?

0 Likes