Re: MotoX OTA update fixes, when's it coming to VERIZON???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hanoverfiste wrote:

So in other words you've resigned yourself to accepting VZW horrible update cycle?  The problem is the other carriers seem to update their phones in a timely manner, so why can't VZW?

If you really think that the other carriers are better at getting out timely updates, you are sorely mistaken. I casually follow the updates on the AT&T forums and elsewhere on the android tech sites. More often than not AT&T is slower than Verizon Wireless. Sprint isn't much better. T-Mobile might be one of the few carriers that is fairly quick about releasing updates, but they often carry the stock unmodified versions of phones which are a heck of a lot easier to incorporate the new code for then the heavily modified DROID line, or carrier branded phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Every major carrier in the US has rolled out this update. Verizon is notorious for slow updates or no updates at all.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

T-Mobile = Check.
Sprint = Check.
AT&T = Check.
Verizon = What update?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to Motorola as linked in this other message https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1004281#1004281, the update has only been released to T-Mobile.

Where is your "source" for the Sprint and AT&T update? Where is the US Cellular update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My agenda? My agenda has always been there MUST be proof of the update actually being released. Motorola hasn't proved it yet on their own website.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

LOL, so posts BY the carriers aren't proof?  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Hanoverfiste wrote:

So in other words you've resigned yourself to accepting VZW horrible update cycle?  The problem is the other carriers seem to update their phones in a timely manner, so why can't VZW?

If you are a Verizon customer, you have also "resigned yourself to accepting VZW horrible update cycle". It just seems to bother you more. 4-5 years of complaining have not changed Verizon's "horrible update cycle", it is unlikely to change with the few who complain about this one. Personally, I know more people who have no idea which update their phone has vs people who do know. I also know at least as many people who are angry when they get an update as those who are happy about it.

IF updates are that important to you, it may be in your best interest to change to a carrier which better suits your needs, such as one of the carriers you have listed which provide more timely updates. That is a choice you will have to make.

Personally, I purchase a phone for what it can do WHEN I MAKE THE PURCHASE. If it does not do what I need, I won't make the purchase. Promises about future capabilities are just that, promises. If the future capabilities and/or updates are that important and/or dealbreakers, don't make the purchase until the device receives the update and/or purchase it at a carrier which DOES have the update. Very simple.

IF an update comes to my phone, great, but I am certainly not going to lose sleep over it. I would have purchased a different phone and/or gone with another carrier if a specific update was that important to me.

Good luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For the record, only 1 of those links is a post "BY the carrier". The other is from Droid Life.

Additionally, the link from Droid Life reports about a "soak test" and the actual update HAS NOT been "rolled out" as you have stated. Only that the AT&T rollout "could be next". You should take that "check" away from AT&T, because according to the link you have listed, the rollout hasn't started yet.

"We haven’t received word from AT&T or Motorola on when this update will rollout publicly, but with a soak test underway, it shouldn’t be long assuming no major issues arise."

Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Umm , as stated numerous times it's more than just an "update", it addresses the phones ability to be used as a PHONE.  Swapping hardware isn't going to fix a software issue.