Re: MotoX OTA update fixes, when's it coming to VERIZON???
pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's the person you are calling that experiences the problem, NOT the owner. You can "test" the phone all you want, but you noticing the issue is up to the people you are calling. Do you get it now?

I'd prefer VZW release the FIX like EVERY other carrier in North America. 

rcschnoor
Legend

pilotpix wrote:

It's the person you are calling that experiences the problem, NOT the owner. You can "test" the phone all you want, but you noticing the issue is up to the people you are calling. Do you get it now?

I'd prefer VZW release the FIX like EVERY other carrier in North America.

However, I keep hearing statements such as "I shouldn't have to test the phone" and "I didn't have time to test the phone". It seems people don't have a problem with others letting them know about the problem, otherwise we wouldn't have heard about the problem, would we? The fact still remains IF the phone was tested prior to the 14 day return period, it COULD have been returned. Unless, everyone who was called was in a conspiracy with Verizon NOT to inform the caller about the problem until after the return period had expired.

I think EVERYONE would prefer VZW release the fix, too. However that doesn't change the fact the phone COULD have been returned prior to the return period expiring. I know I would have done so and either tried another model or waited until the MotoX was fixed.

0 Likes
gregh145
Enthusiast - Level 3

In a perfect world it would be great if all issues are noticed within the 14 day return period. However, when dealing with software specifically smart phones some things can go unnoticed for a while. The bottom line is Verizon still has not acknowledged the update. There is no way around the lack of communication here from Verizon Wireless. Their update practices need to be improved. I'm done here hopefully we will at least hear something soon.

droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I really wish verizon would expedite this "approval process"  they are always the last carrier to update their phones, and normally months after the other carriers.  I enjoy this phone and the camera and other features updates would be quite appreciated.  There are people on the motorola forum experiencing the issues on verizon, and verizon wants to keep pointing the finger at motorola.  How can it be motorolas fault when others carriers have already receive the update?

pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure it COULD have been returned, IF the issue was  pinpointed to the phone within the allotted time.  News flash, calls  breaking up aren't unheard of in the industry.

So  we have an intermittent issue, which appears to be an industry related  one, which doesn't surface when using BT and is 100% dependent on the  person whom you're calling.  You make me laughSmiley Happy

Anyway, the problem currently is VZW's refusal to FIX the MotoX.  PERIOD

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

pilotpix wrote:

Sure it COULD have been returned, IF the issue was  pinpointed to the phone within the allotted time.  News flash, calls  breaking up aren't unheard of in the industry.

So  we have an intermittent issue, which appears to be an industry related  one, which doesn't surface when using BT and is 100% dependent on the  person whom you're calling.  You make me laughSmiley Happy

Anyway, the problem currently is VZW's refusal to FIX the MotoX.  PERIOD

Except, of course, for the people on these forums stating it happens "with every single call" and "it makes it impossible to use the device as a phone". I think I would have noticed that within the return period. The vast majority of people posting these complaints state it IS NOT intermittent. Of course, they could be exaggerating but I prefer to take them at their word.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

So Verizon's phones now require the people we call to be experts on call quality. Maybe they thought we had a bad connection. It takes time (more than two weeks) to notice a pattern. Also if verizon's testing is so intense and that is why they claim they are so slow, how did it pass in the first place.  Also if it's not a big deal why does every other carrier realize its an issue and release a fix as soon as possible. Also you are still off topic.  There is no reason that Verizon has not released the fix other than terrible customer service.  Just admit they are terrible and move on. There is no reason to defend them. You are never going to win this battle.

pilotpix
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's CURRENTLY Verizons fault.  You can try spinning and deflecting all you want, it's only good for a laugh.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Not once have I said ANYTHING about it not being Verizon's fault the update has not been released.

IF the problem is as bad as you and others would have everyone believe, that means you had a phone for 2 weeks "which could not be used as a phone" and failed to return it.

In no way am I advocating Verizon delaying the release of the update, however YOU also shoulder some of the blame for actually having the phone which could not be used as a phone for 2 weeks during the return period. I would not be in the same situation.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

pilotpix wrote:

It's CURRENTLY Verizons fault.

I have never disagreed with this. However I would not have the phone in the first place and would have returned it when it didn't work. As a result I would not be sitting here waiting for the update. Hopefully you will get it soon.

0 Likes