Motorola Connect App / Hangout?
sooosally

So, one of the main things I have loved about my Moto X was the ability to send and respond to texts from my computer.  Now, the app is gone.  Smiley Sad  Somewhere I read that the Hangout app will do this.  Just wondering what experiences there have been with using the Hangout app for texting.  From reading the Google information, it appears to be capable of doing that.  But I also see that if I turn that "on" it moves all my old texts over.  So one question I have is, if I do that and decide I don't like using the Hangout app for texting, will I be able to "go back" to what I was using before?

I looked at reviews for the apps mentioned by the Motorola Connect announcement on the retirement of the one that worked.  The reviews don't seem to be great on those.  I can't remember what the names were. 

Looking for advise.

Thanks for any input.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Connect App / Hangout?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know there a few applications that are must haves on my device and I would be lost without. We want you to have the best device experience. Best to test apps to see if you enjoy the functions. You can certainly adjust the default messaging app and typically will revert back automatically if deleting the new application.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!I

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Connect App / Hangout?
sooosally

As a follow up...  I am using Pushbullet now.  I am satisfied with it.  It does limit free texting from a computer to 100 texts per month.  If you want unlimited you have to pay a fee.  Which isn't too bad.  Around $40 for a year I think.  I haven't done that yet.  Always at the end of a month I get a warning that I have almost reached the limit.  Maybe once I actually went over it the last day or two of the month.  I expect I will eventually pay the fee but I haven't yet.

I think if you have an iPhone, you can also text from an iPad.  Since I don't have an iPhone I can't do that.  Maybe that will somehow get adapted.  It's not really a big deal for me either way.

0 Likes